DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Storing Mavic Pro Batteries Properly for Months...

jmitteco

Reactions
I'm going out of town for 2 months & need to store my Mavic Pro batteries.
I read that if they discharge to below a certain level it renders them no good.
What's the best way to deal with this situation?
DJI doesn't seem to have an answer.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks charliesRig.
I had already read that in the manual & I have even contacted DJI in chat support about this.
It just doesn't seem clear to me.
Why would I discharge it manually when it will discharge on it's own?
Won't it continue to discharge to depletion if I just let it go?
Just seems to be a language translation issue.

Battery Storage

1. Discharge the battery to 40%-65% if it will NOT be used for 10 days or more. This can greatly extend the battery life.

1. The battery automatically discharges to below 65% when it is idle for more than 10 days to prevent it from swelling. It takes approximately
    3 days to discharge the battery to 65%. It is normal that you may feel moderate heat emitting from the battery during the discharge process. Set the discharging thresholds in the DJI GO app.

2. The battery will enter hibernation mode if depleted and stored for a long period. You cannot manually turn off the battery power LED in this state. Leave the battery unattended for 5 minutes, and then the light will turn off. Recharge the battery to bring it out of hibernation.

3. Remove batteries from the aircraft when stored for an extended period.

sounds pretty simple to me,leave them alone and they will discharge to proper status

sounds pretty simple to me,leave them alone and they will discharge to proper status

If you haven't read the article in the link I posted above you need to read it in detail.

There is nothing in the post by @msinger that is not important

The battery will continue to discharge until it goes flat. You really don't want that to happen

If you haven't read the article in the link I posted above you need to read it in detail.

There is nothing in the post by @msinger that is not important

The battery will continue to discharge until it goes flat. You really don't want that to happen

I have read it before you posted it & this is what I'm concerned about.
I'm getting mixed answers to the question.
Raising kids is easier than taking care of these batteries. LOL!
I might just take them with me.

Lipo's need to be stored between 3.80 and 3.85. At this voltage it is at the %50 mark and will be at the optimal storage point. If you want to help them even more, place them in a cool dry place..I keep my RC helicopter lipos in a small refrigerator and they don't drop any volts for over a year. Others place them in amo cans in the basement where it is fire proof and cool.

Reactions: Clinton1
I am looking to purchase a Mavic 2 very soon and was curious about the smart tech in these batteries. I have had RC cars in the past so learned a little about Lipo's there. Interesting that the DJI batteries will discharge on their own after a few days to storage capacity. Do all DJI batteries do this?

How about new battery? I purcase new battery, and take long time to use them, because i still have old battery, i buy much dji mavic 1 battery, because i worried for discontinuing the dji mavic pro 1 battery, it okay to store my new battery for longggg time until my old battery goes bad, for example 2 years after i buy my spare dji mavic pro battery?

How about new battery? I purcase new battery, and take long time to use them, because i still have old battery, i buy much dji mavic 1 battery, because i worried for discontinuing the dji mavic pro 1 battery, it okay to store my new battery for longggg time until my old battery goes bad, for example 2 years after i buy my spare dji mavic pro battery?

No, you dont want to do that. Once the smart battery completely discharges, the battery is done. There is no way to bring it back to life. You can throw in the garbage.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54