DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Story Mode not working......what am I doing wrong?

MadDogDan

Reactions
I have watched the tutorial over and over and watched every YouTube video everyone has made but it still is not working for me.

I shoot a clip and I can review it on my phone but the clip is not saved on the micro SD card. Normal video and still shots save automatically to the Micro SD card but not when in story mode. I can’t find a menu that allows you to export what you just recorded to the card.

What am I doing wrong?

Reactions: mnis
Nothing. Story mode is just meant for mobile sharing, there's no original media being saved to the card, everything's processed on the phone from the live stream.

Last edited:
Nothing. Story mode is just meant for mobile sharing, there's no original media being saved to the card, everything's processed on the phone from the live stream.

Then can I attach what I have just shot to Face Book or other social networks? And if so how? At 64 years old I really am quite dense at this technology stuff.

At the end of the process when you hit the Save button it saves the individual clips as well as the rendered edit to your phone's storage, and shows you a "Share" interface. You'll see them in your phone's gallery.

At the end of the process when you hit the Save button it saves the individual clips as well as the rendered edit to your phone's storage, and shows you a "Share" interface. You'll see them in your phone's gallery.

That’s my problem, after I take the clip there is no “save” button. At the bottom of my screen it says “Retake” on the left and “Next” on the right but no “Save”. And how do I increase the seconds of the clip I want to record. There seems to be a max time of 3.2 seconds available.

Last edited:
You misunderstood how it works. These are preprogrammed "storyboards" with multiple clips of preset durations with preset moves (that's what the boxes at the bottom are), so e.g. if the story you selected has 4 boxes you have to press record 4 times and record 4 clips. Once done it'll edit that together with music and you can save and share.

You misunderstood how it works. These are preprogrammed "storyboards" with multiple clips of preset durations with preset moves (that's what the boxes at the bottom are), so e.g. if the story you selected has 4 boxes you have to press record 4 times and record 4 clips. Once done it'll edit that together with music and you can save and share.

Ah, now I get it. Thanks I never would have figured that out on my own and those numb nuts at DJI don’t provide detailed tutorials. Their tutorials just tell you what features this has not how to use them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu