DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strange behavior.

Erik Janssen

Reactions
Who knows this message, I was scared wild, suddenly strange convulsions and he wanted to fly away. I learned not to panic at this stuff but still very .... he was hanging over the North sea canal.
It also seems to me that the exact starting point on the pebbles is next to the pier and not in the middle of the pier. He also wanted to land next to the pier.
And certainly no no-fly zone for 20 kilometers.

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Attachments

• IMG_2428.PNG
    IMG_2428.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 155
Last edited:
It would appear that it lost or was losing gps signal for some reason, this may have confused it thinking it was somewhere else hence the no fly zone warning. The first warning however is a great one, what version software are you running?

Reactions: Erik Janssen
Compass error, switched to ATTI. What was your compass bar showing during your preflight? ;)
Check calibration/redo in a clean place.

I got those errors when I strapped a cell phone to the back of the Mavic. Some kind of interference in that area likely.

Thanks...... some answers.

1e The both compass bar were green ( excellent)
2e I have the latest software and firmware from a copple of days ago.
3e Yes for the first time i have used the bottom USB with a short cabel

before the strange behavior ther were 18 satellit's en then the bar get clean en the satellit's went back to 13 .... than the bar get full again and ther were 17 satellit's...... strange.

Is it possibele that some big see ships used strange frequenties that can distort the GPS signal.....?

I got those errors when I strapped a cell phone to the back of the Mavic. Some kind of interference in that area likely.
Yikes! Careful guys. I did something like that, sticking a Loc8tor on top, and almost had a fly away. The GPS antenna is toward the back of the Mavic, and it needs a clear view of the sky. Anything on top of the Mavic, even to the front, can cause satellite loss as as the drone rotates.

I'm not the best expert, but my take on this is that the compass is not calibrated correctly, so the drone got an IMU error. The drone managed to find its way home. Compass is very basic, since it determines how the drone will steer itself to set its location.

The message recommending that you switch to ATTI mode is leftover from the Phantom models, which allow you to set ATTI mode with a switch. I wish the Mavic had that capability, instead of just switching automatically between ATTI and GPS modes.

BTW - Kudos for including the log link up front, and for recovering your drone! That adrenaline feeling is unforgettable. You did well by staying calm and hitting RTH. Many people would just flip out. I going to guess that either you are an experienced droner, or you have military experience or similar training! Keep us posted on your future adventures.

BTW - Kudos for including the log link up front, and for recovering your drone! That adrenaline feeling is unforgettable. You did well by staying calm and hitting RTH. Many people would just flip out. I going to guess that either you are an experienced droner, or you have military experience or similar training! Keep us posted on your future adventures.

Thanks.

This link give it all; Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

From Ijmuiden to Amsterdam is a total no fly zone. Whole of the north sea canal is a no fly zone.
986796b76d15588d4e7e9fa119b6ccb6.jpg

Y
Not that i think that was the cause, but you should be more careful. The hover app and dji hold 3 miles from any airport, but these are not complete. Look a littlebit further and font make an *** out of all drone pilots. By assuming you are not in a no fly zone.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots