DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strange flight behavior -

pendrigo

Reactions
Hi everyone
Today MP2 has had a strange behavior since the first flight and I did not understand the cause.
In linear flight, it would snap shut as if the sensors detected a sudden obstacle, but the sensors were all turned off.
I tried with the sensors on and I had the same problem.
Only in the last flight the situation seems to have returned to normal when I also turned on the landing protection that usually I always leave off.
Obviously to try and get the situation back to normal I also did the calibration of the compass, the imu, the controller and I also switched off and on again without changing anything. I also tried to clean all the sensors.
The problem has also occurred in sport mode.
In the transition between mode P and S came an "obstacle avoidance temporary error" warning that I do not remember having noticed under other circumstances. (I attach photos)

Yesterday I flew in the same areas without problems.

Has anyone had similar experiences? Is it possible to understand the causes?

Firmware 01.00.0300

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-03-03_[12-11-15].txt
    240.3 KB · Views: 17
  • DJIFlightRecord_2019-03-03_[12-15-35].txt
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • DJIFlightRecord_2019-03-03_[12-32-45].txt
    631.9 KB · Views: 0
  • DJIFlightRecord_2019-03-03_[12-40-26].txt
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • DJIFlightRecord_2019-03-03_[12-52-52].txt
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • DJIFlightRecord_2019-03-03_[13-03-30].txt
    2.4 MB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20190303-130350.png
    Screenshot_20190303-130350.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 69
In sport mode all obstacle avoidance systrms are turned off automatically. So if the cut happened in S mode as well, probablybthe ptoblem is not related to sensors, but something else
Hi everyone
Today MP2 has had a strange behavior since the first flight and I did not understand the cause.
In linear flight, it would snap shut as if the sensors detected a sudden obstacle, but the sensors were all turned off.
I tried with the sensors on and I had the same problem.
Only in the last flight the situation seems to have returned to normal when I also turned on the landing protection that usually I always leave off.
Obviously to try and get the situation back to normal I also did the calibration of the compass, the imu, the controller and I also switched off and on again without changing anything. I also tried to clean all the sensors.
The problem has also occurred in sport mode.
In the transition between mode P and S came an "obstacle avoidance temporary error" warning that I do not remember having noticed under other circumstances. (I attach photos)

Yesterday I flew in the same areas without problems.

Has anyone had similar experiences? Is it possible to understand the causes?

Firmware 01.00.0300

Two words come to mind: needle and haystack.
You can't expect someone to go through six different sets of flight data, not knowing what they are looking for.
If you want help make it easier for the helpers.
How about saying which flight and what time during the flight that there's something to look into.

You're right, but even for me it's hard to point out the moments. the problem occurred not in particular flight actions. You should interface the gas with the speed in the log reading and find the points where at full throttle the drone slows down or stops abruptly.
Displaying the log with DatCon what is the gas lever? Throttle? or what? And the MP speed is right 'hspeed' value?

You're right, but even for me it's hard to point out the moments. the problem occurred not in particular flight actions. You should interface the gas with the speed in the log reading and find the points where at full throttle the drone slows down or stops abruptly.
Displaying the log with DatCon what is the gas lever? Throttle? or what? And the MP speed is right 'hspeed' value?
hspeed = horizontal speed
Throttle is pushing the left stick forward to climb
Elevator is pushing the right stick forward to move forward but wind and other factors can affect how the drone behaves when give it some right stick.

I'll look at a log if you can tell me which one and what to look at but until then .....

When you say “snap shut” do you mean it braked and went into a hover?

Yes. He braked several times during the flight as if he saw an obstacle. I thought it was the sun and I tried to fly back to the sun. the problem repeated itself

Last edited:
Meta 4 thanks for stick explanation and your help in general.
Try to see this two pictures. Shot 1 from 12-15-35 and shot 2 from 12-32-45.
I think I have identified some circumstances
I circled the net speed cuts while I was only at full elevator and I'm not cornering; aileron and rudder are off in those moments.
Aileron is right stick when move right and left? and rudder is left stick when move right and left? (stick mode is set to 2)

However I will try this weekend to do a linear flight only to see if the problem recurs and have clearer logs. That day I trained and there is a lot of stick movement that creates a lot of confusion.

Attachments

• shot1.png
    shot1.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 11
  • shot2.png.PNG
    shot2.png.PNG
    41 KB · Views: 11
Meta 4 thanks for stick explanation and your help in general.
Try to see this two pictures. Shot 1 from 12-15-35 and shot 2 from 12-32-45.
I think I have identified some circumstances
I circled the net speed cuts while I was only at full elevator and I'm not cornering; aileron and rudder are off in those moments.
Aileron is right stick when move right and left? and rudder is left stick when move right and left? (stick mode is set to 2)

However I will try this weekend to do a linear flight only to see if the problem recurs and have clearer logs. That day I trained and there is a lot of stick movement that creates a lot of confusion.
Looking at DJIFlightRecord_2019-03-03_[12-15-35].txt. Prior to the dip in speed (red plot) at time 545.05 secs the AC was flying a curved path due to 100% elevator (green plot) and 81% rudder (black plot). This resulted in a curved path. The rudder was abruptly removed at 544 causing a momentary dip in speed.
1551813328951.png
1551813370612.png
BTW, you should try the copy and paste capability in CsvView. Click the Copy to System Clipboard
1551813499652.png

and then go to your post and click Ctrl-V

Reactions: GregD
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1