DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strange gimbal behaviour in wind

Any help much appreciated. Is this a PROBLEM or is the MA parking the gimbal temporarily because of the cross wind (a FEATURE) ???

I have now uploaded yesterdays mornings flight where I reproduced the problem. I attach screenshots from my phone, a link to youtube for the video, and a link to telemetry

Any help much appreciated. Is this a PROBLEM or is the MA parking the gimbal temporarily because of the cross wind (a FEATURE) ???

Looks like normal high wind behavior. My is acting absolutely same in high wind.

My first thought was that this was not normal and now that you mention this was a continuous footage I am more inclined to think that way. I have flown mine in a very windy afternoon once and although the gimbal did something similar, it was far in between.Yours appears to occur too often - it is too consistent. Isn't the Mavic Air supposed to handle winds of up to 22MPH? If I were you, I would contact DJI about a replacement. But you might benefit more from the opinions of others who have had more experience with flying in very windy situations. My experience is limited to one windy afternoon, and the gimbal performed far better than it did in your case.

I have examined this exhaustively. I can confirm this is a feature, and other videos exist confirming it. Search YouTube for "mavic air wind" or "mavic air gusts" or "mavic sir extreme wind". It is when there is extreme cross wind gusts which in my case at the height the bird was may well have exceeded 35mph. The gymbol locks itself temporarily for protection . It corrects itself when wind drops. Thank you for all the inputs.

One thing I notice with my MA is that when I'm hovering under windy conditions, I can hear the motor speeds fluctuating with the wind gusts. Also, when I'm in Sport mode, there is an indicator in the lower left of the display (where the map usually is) which appears to show the tilt of the drone and the power level.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique