DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strange problem: Aircraft Not Connected to RC (Ensure aircraft connection is normal and retry)

Wizard12

Reactions
Hey guys,

I have got a very strange problem with my Mavic Mini2.
I am getting this message: "Aircraft Not Connected to RC" and unable to go fly!
When I am trying to pair both the drone and the controller, the drone LEDs are not going to blink in sequence and no beep is heard after pushing the power button for 4 seconds!.

Also when trying to do calibration on controller (For both IMU and compass) I get this message: "Ensure aircraft connection is normal and retry".

Is there anybody who could help me out with this problem please?

Thank you very much

Well, I'm not the best for this but I do know the second message is because of the first message, being the drone is NOT connected to the controller. So work on that first. Follow directions precisely. You didn't say if this was a first time to fly or if you just got the drone and if it is new or not. Assuming this happened after you had been flying it a while? Is the phone compatible and on the list of approved phones? No issues with the phone? It stays connected and monitors your efforts to connect the controller to the phone?

Reactions: Wizard12
Well, I'm not the best for this but I do know the second message is because of the first message, being the drone is NOT connected to the controller. So work on that first. Follow directions precisely. You didn't say if this was a first time to fly or if you just got the drone and if it is new or not. Assuming this happened after you had been flying it a while? Is the phone compatible and on the list of approved phones? No issues with the phone? It stays connected and monitors your efforts to connect the controller to the phone?
I've seen the drone and controller struggle to connect after updates sometimes.

It seems the common practice is to start the controller first, and then the drone, but I do the opposite. My pre-launch checklist is:

1) Turn on the strobe
2) Turn on the drone
3) Set the drone on the launch point
4) Turn on the controller
5) Wait for the drone to get solid GPS connection
6) Start the video running.
7) Go fly!

If you're not getting the proper "power-on" response, try a different battery, and see if that makes any difference.

Good luck!

TCS

Reactions: Wizard12
Many thanks for the reply,

I tried that method mentioned in the video for more than 30 times but nothing happens:(.
Everything was just fine the other day and I had a flight for 20 minutes, but now when I turn the drone and the controller on, the aircraft is not going to enter pairing mode and NO beep sound comes out from the drone when I try to press the power button for 4 seconds, Also the LED display on the drone is not going to light up in sequence as per DJI guide (While it lights up in sequence on the controller).
I get the message unable to connect at the end.

Aircraft gets turned on/off normally but is not going to get discovered by the controller.

Can it be because I crossed across a high voltage AC transmission tower when I had my last flight?

Hey guys,

I have got a very strange problem with my Mavic Mini2.
I am getting this message: "Aircraft Not Connected to RC" and unable to go fly!
When I am trying to pair both the drone and the controller, the drone LEDs are not going to blink in sequence and no beep is heard after pushing the power button for 4 seconds!.

Also when trying to do calibration on controller (For both IMU and compass) I get this message: "Ensure aircraft connection is normal and retry".

Is there anybody who could help me out with this problem please?

Thank you very much
hey, have you tried changing the RC cable? try that if you haven’t. DJI cable is unreliable sometimes.

Reactions: KrowNB

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan