DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strange problem with Mavic/camera...cavitating?

Thanks for all of the input. I really appreciate it fellas. I will try to be easier on the sticks.

I must admit, I'm pretty sure I have seen this happen when not in sports mode, heck...the relatively calm day on the water you see in my sample didn't have sports mode turned on. From what I see you saying tho, it is not about the speed I am going so much as my starts and stops are too abrupt for the gimbal to compensate for. I actually do have a habit of "flooring" it on takeoff and turning loose of the stick completely to affect a stop or braking.

As I said, I will make a genuine effort to start and stop much smoother and see if this stops it.

In the meantime, can you guide me to any controller or setting adjustments to potentially minimize this?

TIA everyone!

The thing I worry about is others can floor it in both sports mode and P mode on calm or windy days and not have this problem.

The thing I worry about is others can floor it in both sports mode and P mode on calm or windy days and not have this problem.
That is defenitely a concern of mine too....

I was getting the impression that people had seen it and it was a common symptom of "getting on it" so to speak. Now I have conflicting input and am not sure if people have seen their Mavic's camera "buzz" like this or not.... Lol

That is defenitely a concern of mine too....

I was getting the impression that people had seen it and it was a common symptom of "getting on it" so to speak. Now I have conflicting input and am not sure if people have seen their Mavic's camera "buzz" like this or not.... Lol

It would be good if others could chime in who don't have this problem regardless of how they fly. That way we can get a good idea if this is widespread or not a problem at all

Reactions: PanamaPaul
Just an update to this, I had my Mavic replaced and it doesn't do this anymore regardless of how I fly. What is normal is when the gimbal hits it limits either, side to side or up and down, from hitting or releasing the sticks too hard you will see a sudden jolt on the video and sometimes the gimbal will fall to one side and eventually recover. The video the OP has posted has nothing to do with been to hard on the sticks it is actually a fault with the camera. Im guessing (and it is a guess) that when you hit max biggies either with the throttle or full forward or both, the current draw is effecting the video (or the camera itself) and is why we see the momentary horizontal glitch.
I have seen this over and over on my previous Mavic, but not once with the new. Flying conditions are the same and Im relentless on the sticks.

I had a similar problem initially with my Mavic, but it was less jittery, and more jello-like. Suspected it was the yellow tab on the sticker above the camera catching the wind. Sure enough, haven't had it happen since taking off the sticker. It can't hurt to try this. The sticker should be removed anyways (it looks like it's a just a protective packaging / shipping sticker).

Mine does more jittery / sharp movements from time to time, especially when in Sport mode. I've always attributed them to gusts of wind overcoming the stabilization ability of the gimbal. But I have noticed the problem seems worse in Sport mode since I updated to firmware .900 (based on only a few fights, however) - they occur much more frequently now (almost at regular intervals while flying in Sport mode).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard