DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strange SD card warning

Zabenoid

Reactions
I have Samsung pro 32GB that writes 75MB/s according to blackmagic sd test tool. Air will give a warning that it is not suitable for 4K video. However, my 64GB sandisk extreme that writes only 60MB/s is perfectly fine. Is MA just programmed to check SD type instead of actual write speed?

According to the professional video editing software I use, the 4K video was recorded at just over 100MB/s so a U3 is definitely required. So the SD card check is correct.

MA should record at 100Mb/s which is about 12,5MB/s, i see no reason to require U3. What i was thinking is that i have a very fast card that will give a warning and a slower one that wont. But the slower is specced as U1 and the faster only class 10, so maybe thats why the warning appears?

I have one card that gives me the slow SD card warning, but there does not appear to be any actual problem in recording. Not seeing a drop in frames nor a limit on how much time I can record with it in 4k. With that in mind, it may not actually be testing the actual write speed, but having a U3 card is probably a safer bet, especially since they can be found pretty inexpensive these days. So I got another card that is U3 and it was only $20 on discount for 64gb.

I think DJI might have something against Samsung. I also use a Samsung 64Gb pro plus micro Sd class 10 U3 UHS-1 with a 90 MB/s write speed and I also get the "card to slow" warning. 20180704_112249.jpg

Both Samsungs works fine in 4K 30p The slowest one (32GB) has 20MB/s write, it is still enough, though it is only UHS-I U1. I have got waring ("Slow card") in Go 4 App, but footage is ok, no frame drops.

UR6blSp.jpg

Both Samsungs works fine in 4K 30p The slowest one (32GB) has 20MB/s write, it is still enough, though it is only UHS-I U1. I have got waring ("Slow card") in Go 4 App, but footage is ok, no frame drops.

UR6blSp.jpg

Wow, This is crazy.
I have read several instances that people's samsung cards were working fine and then a firmware update happened and now this slow card error.
I myself have tried 3 separate Samsung SD cards in a new drone I just got and they all have the slow card error even though they are Samsung Pro Plus cards that are waaaay faster then the requirement.
Soooo, DJI, what is up with that?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne