DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

streaming to laptop

zahiaizen

Reactions
Hi Guys

I am looking for a way to stream the videos during flight to a laptop (Ubuntu OS )

I wouldn't mind purchasing tools or hardware but I really need it to work

Thank you
Z

Hi, have you tried creating a YouTube channel and using the direct streaming option in the Dji app then connecting to the channel? I think it'd work but will probably use a heap of data. Would be OK if controller/phone close enough to wifi with unlimited data. Someone else will probably have a better solution.

www.ugcs.com

I use it with a Microsoft Surface 3 and it works perfectly.

They do have a Ubuntu distribution as well which is even free of charge for the basic functionality.

I just downloaded the trial, seems cool but how much does it lag????
Sometimes it doesn't and sometimes it does. I think it has to do with what processes are running on the laptop. but I'd need to research it more.

Reactions: diveinstructor
Thanks for the help

But I will need to stream it live to the laptop to run a process on the video. I cannot use it throw other services.

I remember reading about an option with a router but I cant find it again.

Thank you

I use a Samsung galaxy s7 phone and use Smart View to stream to my laptop that has Windows 10. It uses Miracast technology and there is barely any lag. Its very easy to set up as well.

I use a Samsung galaxy s7 phone and use Smart View to stream to my laptop that has Windows 10. It uses Miracast technology and there is barely any lag. It's very easy to set up as well.
Hi there, I have also started to mirror my screen of my S7 and Nexus 7 2013, but I find that the phone and tablet are ALOT slower when mirroring to my Feelworld FW279 screen. Both the phone and the screen is lagging...

Edit: Just finished AnTuTu Benchmark and found a 5000 point difference between running with my miracast and without. Could it be my miracast device that is causing the slow phone/tablet performance?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser