DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stress cracks on the Mavic Air

I don’t come on here often but when i do all I see is pointless threads where people passive aggressively bicker for a few days until a mod closes it. Ok you’re never buying a DJI product again? Fine, but why do you feel the need to tell everyone on a DJI drone discussion forum?
The whole point of this thread is to talk about the stress cracks that I have seen across all of my drones in the same locations. I don’t
Yes actually I can read. My ability to read also allowed me to see @Meta4’s reply which disproved your theory about a design flaw.
Doesnt disprove anything. I’m curious as to how these cracks form without any crashes or damages prior happening.

Obviously sir you are entitled to spend or not spend your money where you see fit.

When I think of the engineering available to us in a DJI drone, the bang for the buck seems pretty high IMO. When I purchase any electronic device, I take into account that it has a lifespan be it a phone, TV, or toothbrush. Now take one that flies 400(+) feet in the air at 35mph and suffers the stresses of aerial maneuvers.
I can only imagine creating objects that fly is an extremely complex balance of aerodynamics, propulsion, fuel, structural integrity and weight. With plastics in particular, the demands are high. Rigid but not brittle. Structurally strong but light. Able to withstand heat/cold changes. Repeat stresses over time, etc.

Add to that what seems to be an uncertain flight history of this drone and this is the basis for “never buuing from DJI again?”
That isn’t the point. I’m wondering what is causing me to find multiple cracks in the same spot on different drones.

I don’t come on here often but when i do all I see is pointless threads where people passive aggressively bicker for a few days until a mod closes it.
You have some of the most selective blindness among the membership it seems.

Reactions: -MavicMiniPilot
The whole point of this thread is to talk about the stress cracks that I have seen across all of my drones in the same locations. I don’t

Doesnt disprove anything. I’m curious as to how these cracks form without any crashes or damages prior happening.
What cracks? You haven't shown any.

A claim like, "stress cracks that I have seen across all of my drones in the same locations" is extraordinary. It of course has all of us that have had many DJI drones over the years, some flown hard, looking for this damage that seems so prevalent in your birds.

We're not finding it. My MA1, over 5 years old and flown hard like a Pony Express steed, shows no sign of any stress damage. I used to fly that thing like an acro FPV (to the extent you could dive at the ground, zoom back up, turn 180 as fast as possible – coordinated – dive for the ground, all in Sport hacked to have a higher top speed and forward tilt).

So, with a broader sample, the problem looks like it's you, not DJI. Certainly if this keeps happening to your drones, and not others.

Hence the reaction you're getting for what looks like unjustified criticism of DJI.

A claim like, "stress cracks that I have seen across all of my drones in the same locations" is extraordinary. It of course has all of us reading that have had many DJI drones over the years, some flown hard, looking for this damage that seems so prevalent in your birds.

We're not finding it. My MA1, over 5 years old and flown hard like a Pony Express steed, shows no sign of any stress damage. I used to fly that thing like an acro FPV (to the extent you could dive at the ground, zoom back up, turn 180 as fast as possible – coordinated – dive for the ground, all in Sport hacked to have a higher top speed and forward tilt.

So, with a broader sample, the problem looks like it's you, not DJI. Certainly if this keeps happening to your drones, and not others.

Hence the reaction you're getting for what looks like unjustified criticism of DJI.
I haven’t crashed them at all so I’m wondering how they got there?

I haven’t crashed them at all so I’m wondering how they got there?
A fair question. The one to ask before assuming it's a design flaw and tearing into DJI. Especially when others aren't seeing the problem.

You say this has happened to every one of your DJI drones. How about some pictures? I can't really be helpful otherwise. If there is a design weakness we'd certainly all like to know.

I have watched many YouTube videos and always amazed as to how rough they handle these drones. Some are REALLY bad.
They are plastic, extremely high tech, and fragile. I know how I handle mine, but would have no idea how someone else handled theirs; unless I watched them.

Reactions: -MavicMiniPilot

A claim like, "stress cracks that I have seen across all of my drones in the same locations" is extraordinary. It of course has all of us that have had many DJI drones over the years, some flown hard, looking for this damage that seems so prevalent in your birds.

We're not finding it. My MA1, over 5 years old and flown hard like a Pony Express steed, shows no sign of any stress damage. I used to fly that thing like an acro FPV (to the extent you could dive at the ground, zoom back up, turn 180 as fast as possible – coordinated – dive for the ground, all in Sport hacked to have a higher top speed and forward tilt).

My original Mavic Pro still does most of the heavy lifting and I have 4 Drones! It just won’t die!

I have also read the entire thread and have no idea why you would post that here. By doing so, you are telling all of us, that in your opinion a DJI drone is no good, so buy something else. Well, goodbye and have fun with your newer, better (your opinion) drone. Why would you want to continue to frequent a site that you don’t like?

Please NO personal attacks. Stay on topic and If you cannot post a helpful suggestion regarding the OP's question, please refrain from responding.

I have also read the entire thread and have no idea why you would post that here. By doing so, you are telling all of us, that in your opinion a DJI drone is no good, so buy something else. Well, goodbye and have fun with your newer, better (your opinion) drone. Why would you want to continue to frequent a site that you don’t like?
The point of throw thread is to see if anyone else has found stress cracks in the same general area. Your missing the point.

Hello Forum and boy has this topic gone 180 or what! The OP has said that he found stress cracks. He also said that it is a known issue with that model. I can believe him. I too own Many DJI Drones and I have friends that own and fly some of the most expensive drones DJI makes. Guess what! They have flaws! Thats right, they are not perfect. NOW these flaws can be corrected BUT if you think DJI drones don't have their share of problems just like any product, You have been at the kool-aid trough for to long.
DJI makes fantastic drones but I could list many that are better . That doesn't mean I like my DJI Air 2S any less its just a fact.
DJI is missing the boat on a lot of things- and talking with professional videographers I will say that unless they correct these things they will slowly lose their grip on the Market.
If one no longer wishes to purchase DJI I would be happy to suggest some very very nice non DJI drones BUT this is the Mavic Forum so I don't want to step on any toes.

The problem I'm having is simple: The claim this is a "known" problem.

That requires a bit more for me than a naked assertion.

Well, should I point out something that I think it may has gone unnoticed? Stress cracks are not only from flying! It can happen in many ways, from storage to the way you carry. The drone might not have any accident, but the previous owner carried it loose on a backpack it might causes stress cracks. And they would be not noticeable before, if they are on the edge of rupture. The crack might have nothing to do at all with flying, but can be revealed after some flights.

The fact in this topic is: the drone has cracked, and it was probably not from crashing. How it happened and if it happens to others, I think it's pretty hard to make any definitive statement.

Last edited:
Well, should I point out something that I think it may has gone unnoticed? Stress cracks are not only from flying! It can happen in many ways, from storage to the way you carry. The drone might not have any accident, but the previous owner carried it loose on a backpack it might causes stress cracks. And they would be not noticeable before, if they are on the edge of rupture. The crack might have nothing to do at all with flying, but can be revealed after some flights.

The fact in this topic is: the drone has cracked, and it was probably not from crashing. How it happened and if it happens to others, I think it's pretty hard to make any definitive statement.
Correct and since the OP seems to be having this trouble across his fleet, perhaps his storage / carry / handling practices are the correlative cause? Who is to say?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N