DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stripped screws[emoji51][emoji51]

CountOlaf

Reactions
While taking apart my DJI Spark, I discovered that one of the six screws holding the top colored part to the bottom part of the case was stripped... it’s a torx 6 screw, and I don’t know what to do. Any ideas of how to remove it?

If the thread was stripped you should be able pull the screw out (if you can get hold of it). It may be that whatever the screw is attached to has broken away and that is rotating with the screw. Good luck!

Like BossBob says, if it is the threads, then see if you can just pull the screw out. I've gone so far as to super glue a screwdriver bit on to the head of a screw to help pull it out.

If the threads are intact but the screw is rounded out on top, then there are a few things to try. First, I would probably use my Dremel tool to cut a slot into the head of the screw to see if I can get it out with just a normal slotted screwdriver. Other times, I've gone so far as to drill the head of the crew out completely so that the part it is hold down can be removed. And then using a pair of pliers to grab the threaded portion and removing it.

Good luck.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000