DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strobe on mini 2

randmart

Reactions
I am a new owner of a mini 2. Since it is so small I have a Firehouse strobe coming to help with visibility. I realize that the real purpose of a strobe is to make it visible to others but am thinking that mounting it underneath would make sense. Where should I mount it?

I bought the Firehouse strobe with the 3D printed mount that clips on the bottom of the Mini 2. They sure help with spotting it in the sky even in bright daylight. I'm not worried about others seeing it, just me finding it again after looking down at the screen.

20210202_172538 (2).jpg

I am a new owner of a mini 2. Since it is so small I have a Firehouse strobe coming to help with visibility. I realize that the real purpose of a strobe is to make it visible to others but am thinking that mounting it underneath would make sense. Where should I mount it?
I mounted a Ulanzi DR-02 to the battery hatch door on the back end..Works for me..

Can you tell us what strobe you bought ?
This will make a huge difference to advice . . .
Eg. a Dual is easy, ARCII not bad, vs say and ARC XL might be impossible to place below.

They can be velcroed on quite safely (with less bulk) with 3M dual lock type product, or an arm mount (rear placement) might be needed if there is no room under the aircraft for your chosen Firehouse product.

I'm not sure, can arm mounts be used so a strobe faces downwards ?
Or only to the rear / forward directions ?

Reactions: Thomas B
I got two strobes for my mini. Stuck them to the sides with the included hook & loop.
2g over with both :(
Super visible though ...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman