DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strobes during the day.

I was wondering what the consensus is for improving the visibility of your drone in daylight. Which works betters - Stobes or Poly Skins? I fly only in daylight (so far) and frequently lose sight of my Mavic 2 after looking down at my controller.

Here is a link for a Mavic 2 Poly Skin from a company called Wrapgrade. Other vendor make similar products, and of course for different drones.

Thoughts?

Also, forgot to ask ... if you think the poly skins are a good option for visibility in daylight, what color would you recommend?

I was wondering what the consensus is for improving the visibility of your drone in daylight. Which works betters - Stobes or Poly Skins? I fly only in daylight (so far) and frequently lose sight of my Mavic 2 after looking down at my controller.

Here is a link for a Mavic 2 Poly Skin from a company called Wrapgrade. Other vendor make similar products, and of course for different drones.

Thoughts?
To OP... I like Wrapgrade skins best and use them... they can help in finding a crashed or errant drone once landed, but skins won’t affect visibility past 200’ or so.

Reactions: apeel
To OP... I like Wrapgrade skins best and use them... they can help in finding a crashed or errant drone once landed, but skins won’t affect visibility past 200’ or so.
19 of the first 20 posts in this thread seems to me to be a consensus.

True that the majority of responses are about stobes, but that may simply be because the original questioner was asking about strobes. I am curious to know of the 19/20 folks that talk about strobes, how many of them have tried wraps? Bet it is far fewer than 19 of them. Anyone out there tried both strobes & wraps? Care to comment on your experiences?

True that the majority of responses are about stobes, but that may simply be because the original questioner was asking about strobes. I am curious to know of the 19/20 folks that talk about strobes, how many of them have tried wraps? Bet it is far fewer than 19 of them. Anyone out there tried both strobes & wraps? Care to comment on your experiences?
Sure... in the remote flat desert of Arizona with dry air during the golden hour I can see my M2P with 4 ARC2s for about a mile (the strobes are what I see, not the drone), on my Spark with Wrapgrade yellow skin I can’t see the color past 200’ or so, and with my M2P, above, in Wrapgrade Celeste blue it may be 150’ (to see the color, not the drone).

Thanks Tomas B. That was very helpful. Looks like strobes are the way to go!

Reactions: Thomas B
Just tried my Firehouse duals today. ( one front one back) and at 675 Ft away and 103 ft up with blue skies I could see the lights. I intentionally took my eyes off and lost sight of it. Did a 360 with the stick and was able to easily locate it.

Just tried my Firehouse duals today. ( one front one back) and at 675 Ft away and 103 ft up with blue skies I could see the lights. I intentionally took my eyes off and lost sight of it. Did a 360 with the stick and was able to easily locate it.
The Firehouse Tech Dual is my favorite strobe for the Mavic Mini, it's light and extremely bright still. In this video I did some day and night comparisons for 2 Firehouse strobes and the Lume Cube strobe, I didn't test the Dual in this video but it is much brighter than the Lume Cube.
There are a lot of strobes out there as you can see from my Strobe Mount Selection Guide below, but many are too large for the Mini IMHO. If interested in mounting options for just about any strobe on just about any popular drone you can find them on our website HERE.
Strobe Selection Guide.jpg
1197043203.jpg

1241667391.jpg

Thanks for the reviews. Very informative. I use the FIrehouse dual on my MM and the Firehouse ARC II and have been satisfied with performance. Your testing confirmed my good choices Thumbswayup.
Thanks again.

Reactions: Aerial-Pixel
I need to assess the need of strobes as the Mini is indeed hard to see and yes, I'm not wearing any glasses. Thank you for the reviews and for compiling all available options Aerial-Pixel.

I did some day and night comparisons for 2 Firehouse strobes and the Lume Cube strobe, I didn't test the Dual in this video but it is much brighter than the Lume Cube.

Thanks @Aerial-Pixel for posting this. Very helpful! I will come to you for the mounts when I decide to pull the trigger and buy a strobe (probably the "Lightning" for my Mavic 2 Zoom.)

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
burke_chris_001