DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Strong wireless interference fly with caution

Fire Fox

Reactions
I often get the strong wireless interference message before take off. I assume it is to do with the many cel towers around the area but the problem is that it limits me to a distance of 150 to 200 meters and signal gets lost and RTH kicks in. Is there anyway of overcoming this other than searching for a location with no cel towers.

Could also be a reference to multiple WiFi sources - as the Mavic uses the same frequency ranges as public WiFi services?
Are you flying near an area where there are a lot of e.g. houses with WiFi??

Could also be a reference to multiple WiFi sources - as the Mavic uses the same frequency ranges as public WiFi services?
Are you flying near an area where there are a lot of e.g. houses with WiFi??
Yeah definitely a lot of houses with WiFi and satellite dishes. I did expect that it would effect my range but is there anything that one can do to get an extra 100 or 200 meters

hi, yeah multiple suggestions here:
- Turn your own wifi in house off during your flight as that one is most likely the one that interferce the most.
- move yourself to a higher point (on the roof, second floor)
- position your antennes correctly (see youtube)
- buy other antenna
- FW hack which kicks in FCC mode and signal boost mode

hi, yeah multiple suggestions here:
- Turn your own wifi in house off during your flight as that one is most likely the one that interferce the most.
- move yourself to a higher point (on the roof, second floor)
- position your antennes correctly (see youtube)
- buy other antenna
- FW hack which kicks in FCC mode and signal boost mode
Thanks I have tried the parabolic signal boosters the ones that fit over the antenna but no improvement. Please expand on your last point about the FW hack I am not clear on that one

GO and have a look at the following website: Link there you find all the info you need to perform a Boost and or FW hack to enable drone features.
It helped me a lot.

Reactions: Fire Fox
That's a good point [ @Fire Fox ] about turning off WiFi (& Bluetooth) on the mobile device attached to your Controller - as that not only prolongs battery life in your mobile device but removed a source of local WiFi interference from your controller.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J