DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Struggling with getting the right exposure? Here's one tip that works for me!

The histogram is a great tool assuming you only fly straight ahead and the exposure doesn't change! If you turn into the sun or shadows, all bets are off and you'll need to reset exposure!

Yes, that is true! But the histogram will still show you when to change your exposure and what you need to change. Thanks for adding your thoughts! Flying from shadows to direct sunlight rarely makes a good drone shot :)

Excellent footage, I need to get into the habit of using the histogram.

Thanks

I use manual exposure, but there are time's when automatic could be the best choice. If someone is new to camera settings, auto would at least give you an idea of what is correct. I doubt if you would duplicate The scene on the cover of Mr Berland's Video however.

I use manual exposure, but there are time's when automatic could be the best choice. If someone is new to camera settings, auto would at least give you an idea of what is correct. I doubt if you would duplicate The scene on the cover of Mr Berland's Video however.

Yes, that is true! The auto-exposure is a great tool if you're new. I still sometimes check the auto-exposure myself to see if it can give me something better than what I've done manually :)

Helpful. I came from still DSLR photography and HDR and have been a long time user of histograms. I'd be lost without them.

Reactions: VegardBerland
Yes, that is true! The auto-exposure is a great tool if you're new. I still sometimes check the auto-exposure myself to see if it can give me something better than what I've done manually :)
When the auto exposure adjusts, it is VERY obvious in the video, so that incentivized me to learn how I like my shots exposed and adjusting manually.

Reactions: VegardBerland
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead