DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stuck micro sd?

Stefan350

Reactions
So, on my 2nd flight ever on my newest mavic I decided to remove the sd so I could load the footage to my laptop. But, the sd seems stuck? Pushing it in just seems to push it in deeper.

Anyone faced this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Wonder if it'll void the warranty if I take it apart...

NO USER SERVICEABLE PARTS INSIDE. Or so they will say. There is a lot of heatsink thermal paste goop, and adhesive goop, inside the case. If you open it, you buy it. I would just request DMA/return now.

I open it and got a tweezer to remove the stuck micro sd, from the outside there's no room to fit any size tweezer. There's only paste on some of the heat sink, unlikely they will know I even messed with it.

I don't have refresh care and chances are DJI will put the blame on me even though it came that way from factory. Now I got the sd card to eject correctly.

Same thing happened to me I used tweezers and slightly wedged it out with no problem than reseated the card several time no problems since the spring was seated to low when DJI inserted the card originally

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Ditto, our sd card got stuck on the first use. I used tweezers as G284L suggested, gently using just one side of the tweezers to slide the card out. And then carefully reseated the card a few times after that. You should be able to feel the spring working properly when sufficient resistance as you guide the card back in.

d3

Just happened to me, but I realized it wasn't the Mavic that was the problem, it was the thickness of the microSD card. I just bought a Samsung Pro micro SD card and it got stuck immediately. I had to use tweezers to pull it out, and then it got stuck again. I reinserted the original SD card that came with the Mavic and it worked fine. When I compare the two cards, the Samsung one is clearly a tad bigger than the original microSD card.

Reactions: Mako79
Just happened to me, but I realized it wasn't the Mavic that was the problem, it was the thickness of the microSD card. I just bought a Samsung Pro micro SD card and it got stuck immediately. I had to use tweezers to pull it out, and then it got stuck again. I reinserted the original SD card that came with the Mavic and it worked fine. When I compare the two cards, the Samsung one is clearly a tad bigger than the original microSD card.
Some cards are thicker than others. My Extreme Sandisk got stuck.
And just a reminder. Its best to use multiple smaller cards (4 x 16gig) than it is to use 1 x 64gig. Its cheaper and it enforces you to move data to your PC. Nothing worse than investing all your eggs in one basket and losing the drone.

Some cards are thicker than others. My Extreme Sandisk got stuck.
And just a reminder. Its best to use multiple smaller cards (4 x 16gig) than it is to use 1 x 64gig. Its cheaper and it enforces you to move data to your PC. Nothing worse than investing all your eggs in one basket and losing the drone.

Good advice. I am definitely investing in more smaller cards as well. I like the 64gb for 4K video in one shoot since I have 3 batteries and would want to be able to leave one card in for one session. I always dump my cards after each session.

So, on my 2nd flight ever on my newest mavic I decided to remove the sd so I could load the footage to my laptop. But, the sd seems stuck? Pushing it in just seems to push it in deeper.

Anyone faced this problem?

I have the same problem
Unable to remove the card
help

I've just had the same thing with my brand new Mavic Pro - 64GB SanDisk Extreme PRO - stick and had to remove with tweezers. Stock Panasonic 16GB card that came with the unit seems to work fine so I guess either this SanDisk is faulty or 64GB is slightly too thick like some have said here. Luckily no damage to the slot it seems...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Britt