DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stuck WiFi-RC Button

JB-Mavic Pro

Reactions
My RC/WIFI switch wont slide, is it replaced in a new wifi module or how is it done please? I cant connect either way to drone.
Thank you

Hi J,
I am a new member also. I would probably not even respond, but I know it's hard to see a post sit with no replies, when I need advice, so I feel compelled to reply. I am sure that someone will come in and give other and better advice.

I am rather new to my Mavic Pro but know which switch you're referring to. I have experience with electronic repair, so I feel qualified to suggest a potential fix with a partial drop of DeoxIT; I have a bottle of D100L with a needle applicator. If you have that or can get DeoxIT in another form, but without the needle applicator, put some on a toothpick... a partial drop along the edge of the recessed switch, let it sit for a minute or so to let it penetrate and then try to move the switch back and forth, easily; don't force it. If it still won't move, let it sit over night and try again.

I hope this helps. I have not had my MP open, so I can not speak to what could be done if it were disassembled, but it probably would make it easier to diagnose and fix if it were opened... I'm not telling you to do that, however and if you are not inclined to do it, then don't. Leave it for someone else who has the experience.

Best of luck,
Phil

Hi J,
I am a new member also. I would probably not even respond, but I know it's hard to see a post sit with no replies, when I need advice, so I feel compelled to reply. I am sure that someone will come in and give other and better advice.

I am rather new to my Mavic Pro but know which switch you're referring to. I have experience with electronic repair, so I feel qualified to suggest a potential fix with a partial drop of DeoxIT; I have a bottle of D100L with a needle applicator. If you have that or can get DeoxIT in another form, but without the needle applicator, put some on a toothpick... a partial drop along the edge of the recessed switch, let it sit for a minute or so to let it penetrate and then try to move the switch back and forth, easily; don't force it. If it still won't move, let it sit over night and try again.

I hope this helps. I have not had my MP open, so I can not speak to what could be done if it were disassembled, but it probably would make it easier to diagnose and fix if it were opened... I'm not telling you to do that, however and if you are not inclined to do it, then don't. Leave it for someone else who has the experience.

Best of luck,
Phil

Thank you Phil. We tried to lubricate overnight with the mentioned product to no avail. My machine is apart, I just replaced the gps & forward collision detection. I had noticed after putting in an SD card that this started in case that helps anyone. I'd replace the wifi unit listed on multiple sites they just dont show if the switch is part of it and waiting answers from them as well.

Anyone else?

Well, that's interesting... I'm wondering if there is a physical interaction between the memory card mechanism and the switch, since they sit so close together.

Good luck and I sure do hope someone else can chime in and help you. I will watch and see what comes of this.

Phil

I'm a newbie as well so I'm not sure.
If someone will tell me if they wifi module has the slide button I'd just replace it but I haven't found the answer yet!

I'm a newbie as well so I'm not sure.
If someone will tell me if they wifi module has the slide button I'd just replace it but I haven't found the answer yet!
Did you ever find out if the slide button is on the wifi module? Mine just quite working. I haven't yet torn it apart yet so thought I would check first.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dean1980