DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

sUAS Logbooks for 107's

Sitka78

Reactions
Which logbook seems to be working well for your flights, battery and maintenance records? Is there one on the market that fits our needs? Seems like that we can't get a look inside of the books to see what they have for recording data. Curious, what are your like and dislikes as well. Thank you.

Last edited:
I bought this one: Jonathan Rupprecht's Log Book
I decided it would not work for me. So after looking at several others and a view videos on YouTube I designed my own in Excel and print it on blank pages for the Franklin Planner (Classic size).

I bought this one: Jonathan Rupprecht's Log Book
I decided it would not work for me. So after looking at several others and a view videos on YouTube I designed my own in Excel and print it on blank pages for the Franklin Planner (Classic size).
Why wouldn't it work for you, not enough data info columns, too many, not made for a small operation, and things like that?

Reactions: GregD
Why wouldn't it work for you, not enough data info columns, too many, not made for a small operation, and things like that?
It is actually a nice log. But for me there were too many columns I would not use. Plus, I decided I wanted to capture a little more location and weather data.

It is actually a nice log. But for me there were too many columns I would not use. Plus, I decided I wanted to capture a little more location and weather data.
Makes sense, thank you for your replies.

I just started using the KittyHawk app for my logbook. It integrates with the DJI logs and outputs logs in a nice CSV format with the headers:

• Aircraft Identifier
• Aircraft Manufacturer
• Aircraft Model
• Battery Name
• Battery Capacity (they all show zero for some reason)
• Location Latitude
• Location Longitude
• Flight Time (in seconds)
• Pilot Name
• Authorization
• Flight Notes
• Weather Conditions
• Sunrise
• Sunset

You (meaning myself) can really geek-out with all of the details the app has.

Reactions: GregD
make you own log book. before flight and leaving house = battery charged and tested, propellers clean and not damaged/nicked, controller/cell phone charged, spare batteries charged and tested, check for any restrictions, SD card installed, sunglasses for yourself, ND filters, and carry all your spares that you will need.

after flight, inspect propellers, all batteries powered off, all things you brought with you are all packed, record total flight time.
and then add stuff you think is important, I keep mine in a 3 ring notebook with one page for each day with date and time recorded on top of the page.

Which logbook seems to be working well for your flights, battery and maintenance records? Is there one on the market that fits our needs? Seems like that we can't get a look inside of the books to see what they have for recording data. Curious, what are your like and dislikes as well. Thank you.
You cannot get the look inside for many simply because they want you to buy instead of taking their ideas and running.

Your logbook contains the entries you feel are important. No FAA guidelines on this matter!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colin King