DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sudden Catastrophic Flight Incident

I bought my MP2 pro a few months when released in 2018..still have the 3 original batteries which of all had about 40 odd charges. I don't use my Mavic that often..but when i do i always the batteries not only by visually checking the bellies but also placing them on a flat table and make sure there is no wobble. Despite this caution from what i have read here is it true that they can go from looking perfect to bloating up without warning when in the air?
Yes, and in my case the battery suddenly lost so much charge I was warned of an autolanding. I got it close to me/home fortunately. But the battery was swollen badly despite charging normally that day. I was less than 30 seconds into the flight where the battery bulge occurred. I routinely check the batteries before installing in my M2P, so I am sure the battery was not detectably bulged preflight.
Don’t get paranoid though. All 9 of my remaking batteries are performing fine after over 2 years of use.

Yes, and in my case the battery suddenly lost so much charge I was warned of an autolanding. I got it close to me/home fortunately. But the battery was swollen badly despite charging normally that day. I was less than 30 seconds into the flight where the battery bulge occurred. I routinely check the batteries before installing in my M2P, so I am sure the battery was not detectably bulged preflight.
Don’t get paranoid though. All 9 of my remaking batteries are performing fine after over 2 years of use.
Thanks Thomas, Still gives one the jitters when flying over water. Man!!! You bought nine batteries???? I keep mine in a cool dry place so hopefully i will minimise the chance of that happening. Do you know if the improved on the latter batteries? Just thinking if its worth getting another one for those more risky flights...then again if MP3 is not far off might not be worth it

This setup helps keep the battery in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member