DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sudden disconnects

LazerMan

Reactions
I fly regular from my back yard and have been doing so for 2 years + now and have never got a disconnect notice. Not for the past week every time I fly my drone disconnects several times during a flight.
The only thing thats changed that I know of is their doing aerial surveys by drone in my area. I can't believe this has anything to do with my disconnects but hey like I said it the only thing that has changed around here.
So if anyone thinks this is possible let me know.

No changes on your end? Update anything? Anteneas happy all folded out and proud?
Are you flying with Occusync or a wifi model?
Occusync should be no issue, wifi, can be crowded, check your wifi channels to see the crowding. maybe switch channels?

No changes on your end? Update anything? Anteneas happy all folded out and proud?
Are you flying with Occusync or a wifi model?
Occusync should be no issue, wifi, can be crowded, check your wifi channels to see the crowding. maybe switch channels?
L<ike I said nothing has changed just the survey. I fly wifi but am in a remote area so little chance of it being crowded.

Unless the surveyors, (or some other personbodies) is/has set up something "new" that is causing your issue. Any military bases or active military regions near you?
You can get an app for your phone called wifi analyzer, that scan all signal in your immediate area, and you can see the "crowding" of certain channels.
Oh, have you checked for the "automatic" channel selection, (in the App) to reduce interferance from other wifi sources?
Another "tool" is to go to another location for troubleshooting purposes, and see if the issue persists, or gone...

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geser