DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sudden strong wind, Mini flew away

I got a thought in my head:
I didn't notice the drone was taken by the wind. I've noticed how far it went just after loosing the signal. So - could it be, that after loosing contact the RTH contradicted the wind a little bit and landing took place little bit earlier?
What I mean is until loosing the signal the drone flew just up and down shortly before loosing the signal. But actually I guess it tried to stay at place, so it was battling the wind all the time.

Why I am asking is just if I should try to walk the line from last known location to the proposed Landing-start point.

I got a thought in my head:
I didn't notice the drone was taken by the wind. I've noticed how far it went just after loosing the signal. So - could it be, that after loosing contact the RTH contradicted the wind a little bit and landing took place little bit earlier?
What I mean is until loosing the signal the drone flew just up and down shortly before loosing the signal. But actually I guess it tried to stay at place, so it was battling the wind all the time.

Why I am asking is just if I should try to walk the line from last known location to the proposed Landing-start point.

There is no harm in looking along that line, but the aircraft was attempting to RTH before the signal was lost. It will only have become more successful after signal loss if the wind speed dropped, and there is no indication of that - it appears to have been very steady.

Reactions: kokesh
Anyone knows how long the battery lasts? Does it usually remain alive for some minutes beeping and waiting for controller connection?

There is a difference in battery lifespan, and how long a battery "lasts" during a single flight. My SWAG of a MM battery "lasting" 1 single flight, with little to no brute wind patterns is 20 minutes, during normal altitudes/conditions.

You were at least 4x higher, and well beyond a reasonable distance. I would estimate you power budget lower than 9 minutes.

What I meant is what the consumption is after landing with engines off. I went about half way between Contact lost and the proposed Landing start point about 20 minutes after I lost the signal. No connection to aircraft.
There is a difference in battery lifespan, and how long a battery "lasts" during a single flight. My SWAG of a MM battery "lasting" 1 single flight, with little to no brute wind patterns is 20 minutes, during normal altitudes/conditions.

You were at least 4x higher, and well beyond a reasonable distance. I would estimate you power budget lower than 9 minutes.

What I meant is what the consumption is after landing with engines off. I went about half way between Contact lost and the proposed Landing start point about 20 minutes after I lost the signal. No connection to aircraft.

Power consumption with motors off is low, but if the aircraft was on the ground then the probability of reconnecting over any significant distance was small.

Reactions: old man mavic
i think that its an open ended question it depends on how much battery was left after it stopped ,the amount used would be very small compared to while it was flying,and also the cold temp would have a bearing on battery life

Kinda off topic - found this on swedish auction site. I'm better off, I haven't bought Fly More Combo...

Screenshot_2020-02-24-17-08-19-519_com.tradera.jpeg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS