DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Suddenly I am in a no fly zone, help

EkartPa

Reactions
Hi, new to group. Have been flying my Mavic Pro for 2 years in and around my own yard and house and nearby park. Yesterday my app asked me to update my GPS so I did. Now I cannot fly in my own yard because it determined that I am in a No Fly Zone due to a local airport about 5 miles away. I called DJI support and they tried to walk me through the unlocking process but he was hard understand due to bad connection and foreign accent and I thought that I had done everything properly but my controller still would not let me fly. When it asks for S/N does it mean for the aircraft or for the controller? Any help out there? Please?

Reactions: charliej
So is it the a/c or the RC?
As depicted in post #3, it is the flight controller serial number. That is the one from the AC.

I am not questioning the answers given here, but why does DJI use the term "flight controller" SN as a synonym for the Aircraft (or 'AC') SN. The fact that the term 'controller' is in the name 'flight controller', doesn't everybody assume that 'flight controller' refers the the 'RC' or Remote Controller'. There is no 'controller' in the term 'aircraft'. Seems like something is being lost in the translation from Chinese, or I am just 'dumb'.

Reactions: EkartPa
I am not questioning the answers given here, but why does DJI use the term "flight controller" SN as a synonym for the Aircraft (or 'AC') SN. The fact that the term 'controller' is in the name 'flight controller', doesn't everybody assume that 'flight controller' refers the the 'RC' or Remote Controller'. There is no 'controller' in the term 'aircraft'. Seems like something is being lost in the translation from Chinese, or I am just 'dumb'.
Rather agree. Caught me out!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580