DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sun shade recommendation (NOT DIY) for MA2

RetiredInFL

Very Large Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Can someone recommend from actual experience a decent sun shade for the Air 2 stock controller & an iPhone 12 Pro Max (6.7” screen)? I DO NOT want to make my own or buy a Smart Controller or a Tripltek tablet at this time. [emoji16][emoji16]

Amazon has dozens. Any recommendations?

I can recommend the Sunnylife sun hood, which I use with my Mavic Air 2 Remote Controller. I don't know whether it fits your iPhone 12 Pro Max, though. It fits my iPhone 6s (4.7-inch display) just fine. The Sunnylife website (Sunnylife Mobile Phone Sun Hood Magnetic Foldable Sunshade Accessories for Mini 2/Mavic Air 2 Remote Controller) says it can fit phones measuring up to 7.87 inches long and 3.74 inches wide. One of the nice things about this product is that it folds flat when you're not using it, making it easy to store. And, in use, the hood plops into place nicely, thanks to the magnets built into the product.

Reactions: RetiredInFL
Can someone recommend from actual experience a decent sun shade for the Air 2 stock controller & an iPhone 12 Pro Max (6.7” screen)? I DO NOT want to make my own or buy a Smart Controller or a Tripltek tablet at this time. [emoji16][emoji16]

Amazon has one. No instructions. Very hard to install. Overpriced by $10 at Amazon. Sent it back. Drone Valley is the best place to buy at $18.99

I can recommend the Sunnylife sun hood, which I use with my Mavic Air 2 Remote Controller. I don't know whether it fits your iPhone 12 Pro Max, though. It fits my iPhone 6s (4.7-inch display) just fine. The Sunnylife website (Sunnylife Mobile Phone Sun Hood Magnetic Foldable Sunshade Accessories for Mini 2/Mavic Air 2 Remote Controller) says it can fit phones measuring up to 7.87 inches long and 3.74 inches wide. One of the nice things about this product is that it folds flat when you're not using it, making it easy to store. And, in use, the hood plops into place nicely, thanks to the magnets built into the product.
I recommend the same, bought from Aliexpress - flyfly store - best buy - for wider screens, you can connect the cable through a little hole on the side - greetings from Belgium :)

Last edited:
Thanks all. Ordered one from Aliexpress because the others did not have it in stock. I guess I should have it by Labor Day but for $10 after $2 coupon and free shipping I can wait. [emoji1]

Reactions: Lecheeb

I took 5 minutes using cardboard and tape. You have to have 5 minutes or is it you want it to look good?

How much is the Sunnylife sunshade please?

Drone Valley, where I first learned about this, sells them for $19. Their illustrations now show 2 different brand names for the product: Sunnylife and Controller. So I’m not sure if it’s the same exact one I bought.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3