DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sunrise/sunset experiment

j.coffield

Reactions
So I came up with this idea and put it together but it did not turn out very well at all. I may re shoot it sometime but I would love to see another members attempt at this. All you need is a clear day. I took off from the exact location and raised to the exact same height both times. I shot the sunrise then rotated, then later that evening I rotated and shot the sunset. I merged the 2 clips together and this is the result. The idea was to get a seemless sunrise/sunset in one short clip. I think the concept is good but my first attempt wasn't that great. Im aware that my camera settings were crappy, this was just kind of a proof of concept video.

So I came up with this idea and put it together but it did not turn out very well at all. I may re shoot it sometime but I would love to see another members attempt at this. All you need is a clear day. I took off from the exact location and raised to the exact same height both times. I shot the sunrise then rotated, then later that evening I rotated and shot the sunset. I merged the 2 clips together and this is the result. The idea was to get a seemless sunrise/sunset in one short clip. I think the concept is good but my first attempt wasn't that great. Im aware that my camera settings were crappy, this was just kind of a proof of concept video.
Excellent idea. First I’ve seen of this.
I will try this in my memorial to my recently deceased good buddy’s cremains release.

Reactions: j.coffield
Not bad at all... I'm not gonna talk about technical stuff, 'cause I'm a newbie myself, but I love the idea very much!

Cool idea, you just need a little better overlapping and perhaps I'd appreciate a mid-way transition with broad daylight.

The transition was well staged, almost perfect in exposure, and I think the slight overlap made it a natural way to show the timespan.
Doing this with a lot of things could work, dry stream > flowing stream, no traffic / people > busy, etc.
Kind of like the great seasonal missions follow a path through 4 seasons along a waypoint route, only you can do this sunrise / sunset thing in a day :)

j,coffield, really cool idea, and I also liked the way MAvic_South_Oz built on the idea. I did notice the seams and had a suggestion if you wanted to dispense with them. Chalk marks.

Had a roofing job a while back where I wanted to get the exact same shot throughout the day as the roofs changed over. Compass heading and altitude were not problem: initial positioning on the ground was. So just put a mark under each drone leg and you are set to go.

Of course....I rather wish I'd had the idea before starting the job. But it does make a difference in seamlessness.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szost557