DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sunscreen hood for the M4P?

There are lots of similar versions available some are better quality than others ,but the most important thing to remember, is to make sure that you get the correct one for the RC you have ,
the version for the RC1 does not fit the RC2, because it does not fit between the antennas, and also the shape of the RC 2 is different at the top as well
You can get the right version but i found out what was recommended was flimsy when lifting up the cover for shade.

To be honest, I'm not sure how much "Sun Screen" you really get from those listed above. Just my 2-cents....

I've been using a FULL Hoodman on my Mavic 2 series for many years and they are a game changer when working in direct sunlight. I've flying the Mini4Pro with the RC-2 lately and it needs a real SunScreen BAD! So here is the one I'm going to get strictly for Direct Sun Use

I just got this one delivered today and as soon as the rain/snow/rain stops I'm going to try it out in a Real World scenario. I'm shocked at just how hard it is to see the RC-2 in bright unshielded daylight.

I just got this one delivered today and as soon as the rain/snow/rain stops I'm going to try it out in a Real World scenario. I'm shocked at just how hard it is to see the RC-2 in bright unshielded daylight.

you use it,

After you use thhe new hood, could you provide update on your thoughts? Can't find "objective" reviews on youtube.

After you use thhe new hood, could you provide update on your thoughts? Can't find "objective" reviews on youtube.
Gladly. To be fair, I'm very partial to the Hoodman style hoods as I've used one on my iPad since 2015 when I worked with The Travel Channel and one of the videographers suggested a Hoodman. It's still in use today and going strong so that says a lot for their products.

I'll go on record saying, the concept of using a "Magnetic Attachment" didn't really sit well with me initially but once I installed it on my RC-2 I thought, "Oh that works really well".

Once I can try it out I'll do a full writeup on here.

Gladly. To be fair, I'm very partial to the Hoodman style hoods as I've used one on my iPad since 2015 when I worked with The Travel Channel and one of the videographers suggested a Hoodman. It's still in use today and going strong so that says a lot for their products.

I'll go on record saying, the concept of using a "Magnetic Attachment" didn't really sit well with me initially but once I installed it on my RC-2 I thought, "Oh that works really well".

I've got this ordered for my RC2 and was wondering if the magnets will be an interference with the signal.

In my limited tests here (inside the house) I can say I think I'm going to LOVE this hood system. The "Frame" is firmly attached via screws and isn't nearly as "bulky" as I had expected it to be.
I've got this ordered for my RC2 and was wondering if the magnets will be an interference with the signal.
We've used magnets around the controllers for years and I've never had any problem at all. My biggest concern was if the magnets would affect the screen itself like they do to some TVs and Monitors. I am pleased to say that, thus far I haven't seen any effect what so ever.

The only hurdle is the hood itself would interfere with manipulating the actual control sticks (there's not a lot of room between the sticks and the screen itself) but Hoodman has figured this out and made the upper corners "soft pliable material" so when it's time to "Fly" your fingers push the material down out of the way. When it's time to manipulate the screen your fingers push the material back up out of the way. It seems to work very well.

I got the one with the add-on for TRIPOD mounting because my plans do include going that route for longer flights at my construction site projects.

We've used magnets around the controllers for years and I've never had any problem at all. My biggest concern was if the magnets would affect the screen itself like they do to some TVs and Monitors. I am pleased to say that, thus far I haven't seen any effect what so ever.
Good to hear. I was wondering about the screen as well. My hood will be here Friday,

Reactions: BigAl07

I have a case for my m4p so i don't know how it'll fit in case. Was wanting something that could attach & fit in case as well.

I have a case for my m4p so i don't know how it'll fit in case. Was wanting something that could attach & fit in case as well.

I just tested it in a Real-World (my real world) scenario and it works as advertised. The "Hood" folds flat (almost flat) so it fits between the UAS and the top of the case we use just fine. YMMV of course. When I closed the lid I barely noticed any more "resistance" than I do w/o the hood folded flat and laying across the aircraft.

I'm going to be flying a couple more batteries this afternoon and once I'm done with those flights I'll come back and do a Review Thread separate from this so I don't hijack this one much more.

:)

I just tested it in a Real-World (my real world) scenario and it works as advertised. The "Hood" folds flat (almost flat) so it fits between the UAS and the top of the case we use just fine. YMMV of course. When I closed the lid I barely noticed any more "resistance" than I do w/o the hood folded flat and laying across the aircraft.

I'm going to be flying a couple more batteries this afternoon and once I'm done with those flights I'll come back and do a Review Thread separate from this so I don't hijack this one much more.

:)
What's the link for this??

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne