DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sunscreen hood for the M4P?

InAz

Reactions
I just got a Arzroic Multifunction Sunshade for my RC2. From watching a couple video reviews, the installation is easy and very easy to use as a cover.

I decided to get it & was disappointed. After attaching it to the controller, I found the molded clamp that fits around the attena is flimsy. When you lift the hood the clamp bends which I can this eventually breaking off.

Does anyone use a sunshade for their RC2? I'm wondering if it's really worth getting one after returning this one. Just wanted to make sure my controller is protected & I am shaded from the sun but can't find a good product for it. Thanks.

Last edited:
I just got a Arzroic Multifunction Sunshade for my RC2. From watching a couple video reviews, the installation is easy and very easy to use as a cover.

I decided to get it & was disappointed. After attaching it to the controller, I found the molded clamp that fits around the attena is flimsy. When you lift the hood the clamp bends which I can this eventually breaking off.

Does anyone use a sunshade for their RC2? I'm wondering if it's really worth getting one after returning this one. Just wanted to make sure my controller is protected & I am shaded from the sun but can't find a good product for it. Thanks.
A picture would help.

Attachments

• 17033347568455622241797306506063.jpg
    17033347568455622241797306506063.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
That's the one I got too and it is perfect for what I need. Protects the screen and means I can leave the sticks in when transporting it in the bag.
THe back seems mighty flimzy when opening the cover & it doesn't click in the 2 positions as in vid.
When cover is open, the area where hinge pretty much pulls back & it started to scratch the topmof controller.
What brand did you get?

I use one like that. It's fine. It's thin and flexible but it works. And you don't have to remove the sticks. Good protection when you throw it in your bag. Just flip it up and fly.
It's not really fine if it tries to pull off when lifting top to operate controller. It started to scratch the top of rc2. What brand you have?

i have the Sunnylife version for my RC 2 that i use with my Air 3 and it works fine,
the trick i find to open it up, is to hold the antennas down with my left hand, as i grip it then start the opening procedure with my right hand this keeps it from moving as it opens ,
with the Sunnylife version, you also get an allen key, to adjust the tension of the hinge, on both of the moving parts, so it stays up in the desired position

Reactions: Valkyrie62
i have the Sunnylife version for my RC 2 that i use with my Air 3 and it works fine,
the trick i find to open it up, is to hold the antennas down with my left hand, as i grip it then start the opening procedure with my right hand this keeps it from moving as it opens ,
with the Sunnylife version, you also get an allen key, to adjust the tension of the hinge, on both of the moving parts, so it stays up in the desired position
Yes, I got an allen key as well. I didn't expect to hold anything down, just to open cover & that's about it. Imthink the plastic is too thin & not firm. I wouldn't think it should be moving around when I open the cover. In video I saw, the cover opened in 2 positions & each position clicked. This cover just opens & closes without any stops on it.

To be honest, I'm not sure how much "Sun Screen" you really get from those listed above. Just my 2-cents....

I've been using a FULL Hoodman on my Mavic 2 series for many years and they are a game changer when working in direct sunlight. I've flying the Mini4Pro with the RC-2 lately and it needs a real SunScreen BAD! So here is the one I'm going to get strictly for Direct Sun Use

THe back seems mighty flimzy when opening the cover & it doesn't click in the 2 positions as in vid.
When cover is open, the area where hinge pretty much pulls back & it started to scratch the topmof controller.
What brand did you get?

FPVtosky RC 2 Controller Sun Hood​

To be honest, I'm not sure how much "Sun Screen" you really get from those listed above. Just my 2-cents....

I've been using a FULL Hoodman on my Mavic 2 series for many years and they are a game changer when working in direct sunlight. I've flying the Mini4Pro with the RC-2 lately and it needs a real SunScreen BAD! So here is the one I'm going to get strictly for Direct Sun Use

Thanks.
I have a case for the M4P, batteries, & other assessories & don't think this will fit inside with controller in my case plus I'm looking for something that will be an all-in-1 sun shade assessory which will be part of controller. I've seen several that attaches & provides protection for glass, joysticks, and controller body itself. This way I'm able to pull out the controller, lift cover & begin.

It's not really fine if it tries to pull off when lifting top to operate controller. It started to scratch the top of rc2. What brand you have?
I think it's this one. A bit flexible, but light and it works..

There are lots of similar versions available some are better quality than others ,but the most important thing to remember, is to make sure that you get the correct one for the RC you have ,
the version for the RC1 does not fit the RC2, because it does not fit between the antennas, and also the shape of the RC 2 is different at the top as well

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne