DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cracked camera lens. Where to get a replacement?

wrybread

Reactions
I cracked the camera lens on my mini 3 pro:

Jhi3TwpKQ2HJNvd9LMqyAcTZYDEBAFVzDmcCGePLOTYZ-IvXTrBGYxQ_m0WvnUrTH05J4IVt8J5fBj90VOB2Q8twf_qo8sr64HVMUBA7gUiQ63k34RrYjRbVkQvND-pDLVwdPJMo9XRWHxPSJWt1xsVXje-FCe_4_zUmZm75XjOqjQp-M5LABtbAIKZ_gIvBNuPRUP3f6imo-6pApjanqwXVMrWwej3FcGacOL9gyPp-6KYJ1GCwkZfyxuaZzKeIy1btZLhqWUxlioIFMNuUEFtVSif308aWUeEcbUqILObF7dCINjwO7NU4QQcPkBrPg4etkxKtxk5uf8dhUQzl_9NwszL1NJmINK1jApCWnHqKGgfGuK3tKf7GgW7JUpQKiJKBDgSiXnF29vqKMTDj8yTfyN_WApxfSi4D46o_6kBYpAGiq5Ie03fV0m5EohzimLriU_MGoZqNbuS0hfeKGkrk3hciJ_VMA2DMEbgUMB5bECrESwVPzg1f7KrFEzbou74S-VoIlkmc3K-uXV3vAZ0yFu37YmyTbko3J70qD4SEuHdWJYdfOepNfiiRXB38WbcN02NiNjWy8YTZ9AWP7vC8sRIU-dcj09AIBALjYNKkmclqXOAA-kClW5X3HiNKGWJeXIPiY5hLRP5Z7sEjrtSGjg9bLycDJElXbeTtExzDEWocb1mWcygr_iJOVY4lx4xCUX2TSzKrd6Xt91lU7cKi40GQb7gTLmm_aS_GpalYxXtyGHtlHm7qCD9xNxITxj8Ux5z8dNmB2By1ZVFN6mUQZoW5oeyXFBHdwH8QYjCMSBZO8KiVlQdi_OVMhwRHlSLfpjUwryVOsymn-jcmtuqlvxXAADHjaZoXN55pIRk9aIVScPWZaMscsgvQBAxJ8evGNs9fHTdHwDyWgamFQYy2jRf8yjFmCCAI-wdlozU8nw=w1204-h903-no

Oddly I can't find the part. Looking at this video it looks like the piece comes off with 2 screws and would be easy to replace:

Note the 7:40 mark, or here's a screenshot:

1675829972746.jpeg

Any idea where to get that part? Or any idea what it might be called for Google searches?

And any idea if replacing this part would void my warranty?

And I was thinking something like this lens hood would give my lens a bit of protection. Thoughts (other than pushing the drone over 250g)?

61+eaK-qJML._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Oddly I can't find the part
Camera lenses aren't a replacement part that's typically sold. If you find one, someone harvested it from a new/used camera.

Here are some things you can do:
  • Send your drone into DJI to be repaired
  • Buy a new camera/gimbal (available here on Amazon) and replace it
  • Buy a used camera/gimbal and harvest the needed parts (not recommended unless you know how to replace DJI drone lenses)
And I was thinking something like this lens hood would give my lens a bit of protection
Solid idea. Or try not to fly near obstacles.

Reactions: PHZ
You would have to buy the complete plastic housing & not only the front part with the lens. I know I've tried.
out of stock

Reactions: Dronecation
I was able to get the cracked glass off the camera, and the picture looks great now. I put the drone in a plastic bag for now to keep the dust out. I'm thinking maybe I can get away with just putting a lens filter or simliar over it for protection?

I'm new to filters, any tips on which to get? Ideally would like a solid fit on the drone to keep the dust out of my now vulnerable camera.

(And I know I can just return the drone to DJI for repair, but I fly it every day over the ocean and I'm trying to save my insurance claims for when I inevitably lose it in the ocean if possible.)

Edit: I ordered the Neewer 6 pack of filters since it has UV, CPL and what looks to me to be a good usable range of ND filters (ND8, ND16, ND32, ND64). Hopefully it makes a good enough seal to keep the dust out. And I've been meaning to buy filters anyway.

Last edited:
I was able to get the cracked glass off the camera, and the picture looks great now. I put the drone in a plastic bag for now to keep the dust out. I'm thinking maybe I can get away with just putting a lens filter or simliar over it for protection?

I'm new to filters, any tips on which to get? Ideally would like a solid fit on the drone to keep the dust out of my now vulnerable camera.

(And I know I can just return the drone to DJI for repair, but I fly it every day over the ocean and I'm trying to save my insurance claims for when I inevitably lose it in the ocean if possible.)

Edit: I ordered the Neewer 6 pack of filters since it has UV, CPL and what looks to me to be a good usable range of ND filters (ND8, ND16, ND32, ND64). Hopefully it makes a good enough seal to keep the dust out. And I've been meaning to buy filters anyway.

I'm wondering if you're now getting a better picture since the camera is lacking one protective glass panel? I'd think putting on the UV filter would work well. Just make sure that when you change filters, its not a dusty environment.

That's a good question. I only just got the lenses so have only flown once and haven't checked closely, but I'm certainly getting a better pic than I was when I had a visual crack... The lenses are great and seem to make a good seal over the camera.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR