DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sunset at the Great Salt Lake

Ah! Sorry! I should have shared more details. This was shot with an original Mavic Pro at 4K 30 FPS with no filter. I’ve been meaning to pick up some nice filters but haven’t done it yet. I’m kinda low budget. Footage was cut together with iMovie with no color correction.

Ah! Sorry! I should have shared more details. This was shot with an original Mavic Pro at 4K 30 FPS with no filter. I’ve been meaning to pick up some nice filters but haven’t done it yet. I’m kinda low budget. Footage was cut together with iMovie with no color correction.
Wow, that makes it even more impressive!

Just keep in mind, that you are about a mile away from an International Airport. I like the fly over and pan down. Tough shot.

Just keep in mind, that you are about a mile away from an International Airport.

Glad you liked the flyover. I think you might be thinking of a different rock. I was about a mile west of the marina on the south side of the lake. Nowhere near Salt Lake International.

Attachments

• A105BA33-66E9-4B72-9457-E29B49996E11.jpeg
    A105BA33-66E9-4B72-9457-E29B49996E11.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
By the way, @tcope do you fly in northern Utah? Another spot I’ve been wanting to shoot is the Spiral Jetty. Ever been out there?

Two or three times. The problem is that it's not that impressive unless the water is at the right level. That is not to say that it would not make a good shoot... just that it can be really nice when the water is right. Also, a few years ago I was out and the road is getting really bad. Cars need to park about 1/4 mile away. 4x4 trucks can make it though.

Two or three times. The problem is that it's not that impressive unless the water is at the right level. That is not to say that it would not make a good shoot... just that it can be really nice when the water is right. Also, a few years ago I was out and the road is getting really bad. Cars need to park about 1/4 mile away. 4x4 trucks can make it though.

Cool you’ve been over to see it. Thanks for the info. Sometime when I’m up north maybe I’ll venture out. I think if I waited for the lake level to rise before going out there I might be waiting forever.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr