DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Sunset - Duluth, GA

Beautiful shot. Did you try to open up the foreground in Post? (brings out details in shadows of the foreground).

Dale

Reactions: Nash2017
I think the image is excellent but it could still be improved by opening the shadows more. I took your image into Adobe Lightroom 2022 and used the new masking tool. I selected the foreground using a gradient mask and increased the shadows, exposure, and texture. I then took the sky into masking and increased the exposure, shadow in clouds, and slightly to warmer color. Here they are side by side for comparison. Everyone really needs to learn this masking technique if you are going to shoot High Dynamic Range images, where the sky over powers the foreground in sunsets and sunrises. The Adobe masking tool engine is the same in both Adobe Photoshop 2022 and Lightroom 2022. Original.jpgEdited-Shekar.jpg

Dale
Miami

I think the image is excellent but it could still be improved by opening the shadows more. I took your image into Adobe Lightroom 2022 and used the new masking tool. I selected the foreground using a gradient mask and increased the shadows, exposure, and texture. I then took the sky into masking and increased the exposure, shadow in clouds, and slightly to warmer color. Here they are side by side for comparison. Everyone really needs to learn this masking technique if you are going to shoot High Dynamic Range images, where the sky over powers the foreground in sunsets and sunrises. The Adobe masking tool engine is the same in both Adobe Photoshop 2022 and Lightroom 2022. View attachment 142841View attachment 142842

Dale
Miami
Love your edit!

Love your edit!
Thanks- I would highly recommend that you watch this video to understand what a great tool the new Adobe Lightroom,\/Photoshop masking tool is. You can select and edit any individual section of your image.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure