DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sunset Hyperlapse - any tips?

radosnypstrykacz

Reactions

I'm trying to learn how to get the best results capturing the sunset. I didn't use any filters, ISO was set to 100, shutter speed at 1/800 or 1000 of a second with 2 second intervals. My main concern is that I found out the stationary hyperlapses quite shaky (although it was windy on my flights). Also my .dng files looked much darker in lightroom than in windows photo viewer and on the video made by the DJI app - what is the reason? On this particular video, I used the .dng photos, did a little bit of editing in Lightroom and then I used the warp stabilizer in After Effects.

What do you think about it (composition, time, etc.)? What are your tips & tricks to achieve some stunning sunset footage?

Cheers!

Reactions: Thomas B

I'm trying to learn how to get the best results capturing the sunset. I didn't use any filters, ISO was set to 100, shutter speed at 1/800 or 1000 of a second with 2 second intervals. My main concern is that I found out the stationary hyperlapses quite shaky (although it was windy on my flights). Also my .dng files looked much darker in lightroom than in windows photo viewer and on the video made by the DJI app - what is the reason? On this particular video, I used the .dng photos, did a little bit of editing in Lightroom and then I used the warp stabilizer in After Effects.

What do you think about it (composition, time, etc.)? What are your tips & tricks to achieve some stunning sunset footage?

Cheers!
Love sunsets. This one needed more cloud over for color.
Search my name and Arizona Sunset for examples.

Reactions: radosnypstrykacz
I watched your videos and overall seems like they are very stable - like i said mine are a little bit shaky for my taste. Did you use any software stabilization or those are straight from the DJI app?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98