DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hyperlapse Waypoint Inquiry - M3P

mrsr71

Reactions
When I do a waypoint hyperlapse, I get inconsistent settings for interval (2 & 3 seconds) and length of video (6,7,8,& 9).
I typically use 2 second interval and 15 or so seconds for the length but it sometimes won’t allow me to set it this way.

Question: what is keeping me from setting it to 2 second interval and 15 or so seconds for the length? Am I missing something?
Curious if it has something to do with the altitude or or distance between waypoints I’ve set (?)

This test this morning only allowed a 3 second interval and 9 second length. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B8NtqqDD4s

Can someone chime in with an answer? Thanks….

That happened to me on my Mavic 3 Classic. It turned out that I had set my shutter speed for a longer duration earlier and in doing that, it won't be able to do anything less than 4 second interval, also making for shorter videos. When I increased the shutter speed I could then do shorter intervals and longer videos. It kinda' makes sense....(now)... that it can't take the next frame if the shutter is still open on the previous shot (requiring 3-4 seconds per frame.) Did I explain this correctly??? In other words, the slower the shutter speed, the greater the interval will be, and the shorter the video.
Check your shutter speed and Let me know what you find out and correct me if I'm wrong.

That happened to me on my Mavic 3 Classic. It turned out that I had set my shutter speed for a longer duration earlier and in doing that, it won't be able to do anything less than 4 second interval, also making for shorter videos. When I increased the shutter speed I could then do shorter intervals and longer videos. It kinda' makes sense....(now)... that it can't take the next frame if the shutter is still open on the previous shot (requiring 3-4 seconds per frame.) Did I explain this correctly??? In other words, the slower the shutter speed, the greater the interval will be, and the shorter the video.
Check your shutter speed and Let me know what you find out and correct me if I'm wrong.
My shutter speed is on auto.

Interval, speed, and course length all interplay to determine the duration of the flight. The drone limits the combinations of these settings to be able to complete the mission in the flight time available on the battery. Changing any one of these can affect what values are available for the others.

In your example, 15 second video with 2 second interval is a 15 minute flight. If the waypoint course you have selected at the speed you have selected takes longer than 15 minutes, it won't offer you 2s interval as an option if you've set the speed. Set to a higher speed and 2s will be available.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrsr71
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1