DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sunset + Mount Rainier

I used to visit Seattle on business frequently in the early 80's and there were two very memorable things about it. First, it wasn't long after Mount St. Helens blew her top and flying up (often from LA, or where I lived in Scottsdale) I was afforded many astounding aerial views of the result of the eruption. But most notable, there was a firm I worked with in downtown Seattle near the top of what was then the Seafirst Tower. Since it is cloudy most of the time it was many days, or weeks before there was a clear day at all. We had just finished a meeting and I asked one of the folks present at the meeting "shouldn't I be able to see Mt Rainer from here?". He looked out and said... "yes, it's right out there". I looked and looked and couldn't see it--there was a line of low clouds, and like a dummy (well, I didn't know) I was looking BELOW the clouds. I said "point to it, will you?", he chuckled and pointed and I looked down his finger and, of course, it was pointed WAY up ABOVE the clouds (it was winter and most of it was covered with snow) and I was just stunned. That thing is beautiful, and though it isn't the tallest in the world, it starts out near sea level so it looks absolutely HUGE!!

Reactions: Jixxer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr