DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Supplied USB cable doesnt fit !

Have you tried any other USB cables plugged into the charger to see if they will go in?

Connectors are finicky... especially on USB cables. They have these little tabs of metal that raise up OR down) to give the NEW cable a firm "Hold" feeling when they plug in. Older one's get bent up and don't hold so Firmly (very loose over time) or they won't let you plug them in at all. I used to experience this metal fatigue on old communications cable connectors that were plugged in and unplugged often.

On the other hand, the RECEIVING connector (Outlet?) on the power supply could be the problem.

Point is... try another cable that you know plugs in everywhere else.. and if it works - look over your problem cable.

thanks for the reply, I have tried multiple USB cables and no luck until i did a firmware update and wala ! it works.I have no idea why and neither does the rep but it worked. Like most i have been using USB cables for a long time now and never had an issue like this before.

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
It could be the cables you tried didn't have all 4/5 wires connected. I have a collection of cables in the house...and only some that worked for my GARMIN Nuvi GPS and many that didn't.

All of them worked to charge, but only 1 or 2 actually worked to transfer DATA to/From the GPS.

As it turns out, the only cables that worked for the MAVIC PRO remote were those SPECIAL cables that only worked well with the GARMIN GPS. Low and behold, after some reading, I learned it was all about those **** extra wires :) They used to be sold as DATA Cables... and were sold at a premium price beyond ordinary "Charging" USB cables.

When you have the time to go through ALL your cables - try each one and see which work with your remote and which don't. LABEL those that work, as they are the more "expensive" cables... which have ALL the wires connected to aLL the pins in the USB/MicroUSB connectors.

Save all the other cables for Charging Only!

Reactions: Brett Newman
It could be the cables you tried didn't have all 4/5 wires connected. I have a collection of cables in the house...and only some that worked for my GARMIN Nuvi GPS and many that didn't.

All of them worked to charge, but only 1 or 2 actually worked to transfer DATA to/From the GPS.

As it turns out, the only cables that worked for the MAVIC PRO remote were those SPECIAL cables that only worked well with the GARMIN GPS. Low and behold, after some reading, I learned it was all about those **** extra wires :) They used to be sold as DATA Cables... and were sold at a premium price beyond ordinary "Charging" USB cables.

When you have the time to go through ALL your cables - try each one and see which work with your remote and which don't. LABEL those that work, as they are the more "expensive" cables... which have ALL the wires connected to aLL the pins in the USB/MicroUSB connectors.

Save all the other cables for Charging Only!
Cheers for the reply, after updating the firmware ( which probably has nothing to do with it)everything started to work as it should
I used the cables that came with the mavik.
Fiddling with electronics is a bit if a little hobby of mine and this was a simple issue that shouldnt happen as the mavik is brand new.
As for working after the update ! Buggered if i know.
As a first time droner the real battle is yet to come. I still have to figure out what all these video setting are for and when to use em [emoji27]

Sent from my SM-G920I using MavicPilots mobile app

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom