DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Support Drones in NJ! Copy and paste this letter into an email now! DO NOT WAIT..

JerseyDroner1

Jersey Droner
Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Send an email to Westwood,NJ THEY PLAN ON BANNING DRONES COMPLETELY FROM AIR SPACE..Feel free to use this letter or make it even better.. do it now! Email [email protected]

Dear Mayor Arroyo,
I am writing to you because your UAv (drone) Ordinance, has become a popular topic on Facebook. I am an FAA certified drone pilot and spend a great deal of time taking pictures with drones for commercial photography and recreational purposes. I can understand limiting racing drones to designated areas. They are dangerous and need a dedicated space. (AMA field) Photo drones, however , are very safe. They can not spy on people. Their wide angle lens requires them to be right over someone (20ft?) to see who they are. To do this a pilot would have to be nearby to maintain a connection and could be easily found. It is truly a misconception that people are being spied on via drone.
The FAA already has laws which include requiring us not to fly over people and many other rules and regulations. Within the next few years the FAA is implementing remote ID. You will be able to track a drone and see where the pilot is located. Given all this and the fact that photo drones offer your township a fun and safe hobby I hope you will reconsider your proposed laws.
Furthermore , I believe it is illegal to create laws that supersede Federal Law. This happened locally in Michigan and the township involved had to reverse course on their county/township laws. The FAA has jurisdiction over air space.
Thank you for your time

I'll be emailing and calling the Mayor and City Council next week. I'll also be attending their ZOOM meeting.

Reactions: theDRONEranger
I forwarded your letter a long with another note. Hopefully you'll be rewarded for your efforts. Good luck!

Send an email to Westwood,NJ THEY PLAN ON BANNING DRONES COMPLETELY FROM AIR SPACE..Feel free to use this letter or make it even better.. do it now! Email [email protected]

Dear Mayor Arroyo,
I am writing to you because your UAv (drone) Ordinance, has become a popular topic on Facebook. I am an FAA certified drone pilot and spend a great deal of time taking pictures with drones for commercial photography and recreational purposes. I can understand limiting racing drones to designated areas. They are dangerous and need a dedicated space. (AMA field) Photo drones, however , are very safe. They can not spy on people. Their wide angle lens requires them to be right over someone (20ft?) to see who they are. To do this a pilot would have to be nearby to maintain a connection and could be easily found. It is truly a misconception that people are being spied on via drone.
The FAA already has laws which include requiring us not to fly over people and many other rules and regulations. Within the next few years the FAA is implementing remote ID. You will be able to track a drone and see where the pilot is located. Given all this and the fact that photo drones offer your township a fun and safe hobby I hope you will reconsider your proposed laws.
Furthermore , I believe it is illegal to create laws that supersede Federal Law. This happened locally in Michigan and the township involved had to reverse course on their county/township laws. The FAA has jurisdiction over air space.
Thank you for your time
NJ passed a law which forbids municipalities from passing more restrictive drone regulations than the state regulations which basically say fly within FAA rules.

NJ passed a law which forbids municipalities from passing more restrictive drone regulations than the state regulations which basically say fly within FAA rules.
Arizona also has a state law prohibiting any entity, except the federal government (relating to fed government lands), from making rules or laws governing drone use.

In doing my research I noticed this too, so doesn’t that me these local regulations would be null and void? Does anyone know if these towns are trying to enforce their regs?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121