DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SVG to Litchi Waypoint Converter

DJ Wes

Reactions
Site
www.litchiutilities.com
I have completed writing a new converter that will convert an SVG file into a Litchi waypoint mission which can also be converted into a DJI Fly waypoint mission.

What is an SVG file? An SVG file is one of a number of popular image formats displayable on the web. The primary difference between an SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) file and other web-friendly image file formats such as JPG or PNG, is that an SVG file contains line drawing commands instead of raster/pixel data. As a result, SVG files can be scaled up (or down) without any loss in quality.

A number of graphics primitives are supported by the SVG format including lines, and cubic and quadratic Bezier curves. This makes it relatively easy to convert the vector data in an SVG file into other vector formats such as a waypoint mission. My converter supports most (but not all) of the primitives found in an SVG file.

You may be wondering why in the world would you want to convert a line drawing in an SVG file into a Litchi mission. I know, this seems like a silly thing to do. However, there are a number of people using my utilities to create light-painting missions. The first step in that process requires the manual creation of a path to be painted. That can be a tedious process. This conversion utility eliminates that process if an SVG file of the shape you want to paint can be found.

Here is an example of an SVG file of the Firefox logo:

Capture.PNG

Here is an example of a Litchi mission created from that Firefox SVG file using my “SVG to Litchi Mission” converter:
Capture.JPG

This, and other converters can be found here:

Awesome!

These are some Light Painting photos from the last couple of night. The conditions were very good, calm winds and dark sky’s. These were done with a Mavic 3 Pro using Wes’ utilities. Without his great work this process would be very difficult. Thank you Wes.IMG_2457.jpegIMG_2461.jpegIMG_2463.jpegIMG_2465.jpegIMG_2467.jpegIMG_2477.jpegIMG_2473.jpegIMG_2471.jpegIMG_2469.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2471.jpeg
    IMG_2471.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2473.jpeg
    IMG_2473.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads