DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Switching from 5.8 to 2.4 mode

ZachhDrums

Reactions
How do I do that? I can't find where it will allow me to change what frequency I want to use to get better distances. Also, I had a lot of camera loss when a train went by. Any help on addressing that?

Thank you for helping.

Reactions: Amped Air
You have to choose "Custom" from the wifi settings, it should then let you switch between 2.4 and 5.8. This video goes into it a little....

What sort of train? I would imagine just the interference coming from the train, wifi, electronic, magnetic etc. would be enough to cause camera loss.

Reactions: Inspirephil
It’s just a big commercial train. It went by and my drone app was freaking out and it scared me because I had the drone out pretty far.

I would guess it was pretty normal, that's a lot of metal moving past the drone and I could see it causing problems. I am far from an expert though.

I’ve had issues before when I got too close to a train while flying my M2P but only if I got very close to it. I shoot videos of trains all the time and only twice have I had a signal loss issue. I would imagine that it’s due to magnetic interference, lots of ferrous metal which would cause magnetic interference, WiFi signals, etc.
Remember that some railroad companies don’t appreciate us flying around their trains and some are military trains and that’s a big no no!!
But as I said before for the most part I don’t have any problems flying above or around trains! ;)

Reactions: naiku
I just have one video of a train and it’s not a very good one either (was caught by surprise and had a 8ND filter on and I was low on battery so I couldn’t get camera settings right)
but you can check it out on my YouTube page:
phil devore

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
burke_chris_001