DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet compatible with mavic mini

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8", SM-T290 loaned to me for trying out on my MA 2. Now looking for some recommendations:
1. Good cord brands or links for RC to tablet
2. Screen shade
3. DJI GO 3 or 4, or DJI FLY?
I'm learning from all these situations. I realized today that the charging port on the RC, as well as the one in the well on top, is a USB C, while most phones of the Samsung variety are USB Micro . The USB C is a wider connector, round sided, while the USB Micro has slanted sides and is narrower. I'm guessing you'd need a cord to fit the USB C port in the well of the RC, and connect to the Samsung Galaxy Tab A (Micro charging/data port). The cords that come with the RC are marked with a RC image on the end that plugs into the well of the RC (USB C), while you get different cords, one of which should have a Micro on the other end. You may have to get an adaptor to change one end or the other if the ones that come with the RC are too short.
My head hurts.
Ken

Last edited:
From what I've seen, the specs shown at the www.gsmarena.com site never mention whether a device is 64bit or 32bit.
Having an A7 in my hands, bootloader unlocked, and installed with a custom rom (Lineage 19.1 / Android 12), it is definitely 64-bit because the rom it's using is build number lineage_arm64_bgS, you can't run an arm64 rom on a 32-bit device. (and yes, DJI fly app does run on it even with a custom rom).

I just got a Fire 7 tablet to check out. Yeah, I know, it isn't 64 bit, but I wanted to load the DJI Fly app on it and see how far I could get. Using the browser that comes on the Fire, I navigated to the DJI Store, and finally found where they hid DJI Fly. I downloaded the .apk file, and tried to install it. It got close but then told me it didn't install. I knew I'd probably be stuck with my Galaxy S7 phone, which is compatible with DJI Fly. I may have to save up and get a new phone that is totally compatible with the app, and the drone.

An old Motorola X4 (2017) will run it (it's 64-bit), tiny 32GB internal storage, but starts at 3GB ram (the 64GB models have 4GB and 6GB options of ram). Those phones can be had pretty cheaply used now days, and while Android 8 is the latest official OS it supports, you can get both fully working Android 11 and 12 roms working on it. I have two currently, one with Android 11 and a sort of bad screen burn in, and one with a decent screen running android 12. But I haven't used them ever since my brother gave me his Samsung A71 when he upgraded to the S22.

Or find something off this list that has at least 3GB ram : 32 bit and 64 bit Android devices list: How to find your device’s architecture?

At least the DJI Fly app is Android 6.0+ as a minimum requirement, and most phones now even if a few years old tend to be running Android 9 or 10.

Samsung phones have been USB-C for the last 4 years.
My Samsung Galaxy S7 is very old. It has the USB Micro connector. My new Galaxy Tab A7 Lite Tablet has the USB C connector. I'll have to check what is on my wife's slightly newer Galaxy phone. I stand corrected.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS