DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet connection to remote.

Stevejones9981

Reactions
So I'm new to this but I bought a tablet just for the drone but also to have a bigger picture than just my phone. Signed into the app and all but won't connect. My phone will connect. Does there have to be phone service to connect for the camera?? Help!

Does there have to be phone service to connect for the camera?
No.

If you're using the USB port on the bottom of the remote controller, you need to remove the cable from the left side of the remote controller.

Reactions: Thomas B
I had problems getting my tablet (Huawei M3) to connect to the Mavic 2. The solution was to start the devices in the correct order:
- First turn on the tablet
- Start DJI Go4
-Turn on the remote
-Turn on the Mavic
Now it connects every time, so this worked for me. I use the bottom USB-port.

Reactions: ff22
So I'm new to this but I bought a tablet just for the drone but also to have a bigger picture than just my phone. Signed into the app and all but won't connect. My phone will connect. Does there have to be phone service to connect for the camera?? Help!
[/QUOTE
Which drone system?
Which tablet are you using please? Is it Apple or Android based?

Have you tried to WiFi the tablet to your phone?

Try this as a start up sequence: NOTE: Your mobile device should be USB connected to the remote prior to startup procedure.
1. Your mobile device (tablet) and initiate the APP

2. The Remote Control device
3. The drone
DO NOT go quickly from one to the other.
Each must be able to initiate before the next step!

Shut Down should be the reverse

On the Wi-Fi tablet to phone. I need to be able to run where there is no phone service and no Wi-Fi. I can operate the drone just fine but need to be able to use the camera

It won't connect to the tablet. Without service
I used a Samsung tablet and it had no cell service and away from the house - no wifi service either and it worked. Which Android tablet?

Have you tried a different cable? As mentioned above, use the bottom, larger usb port and make sure NOTHING is plugged into the side/small port.

I’m really not sure I am following now!

You are out in the boonies, no cell service, therefore no phone calls. You should still be able to WiFi to the tablet, but it won’t do you any good at all because the phone has no service. You should still be able to fly and if you are connected to the controller via USB to your tablet you should be able to view the video. Beyond that, I am at a loss

It won't connect to the tablet. Without service
What doesn't seem to be connecting? Can you describe exactly what you see on the remote controller and/or in DJI GO?

I purchased a used Mavic Air I'm having a problem also I have a tablet and the software is installed but I can't connect.if this
drone was registered before would that stop me can someone please tell me can you connect a tablet to the Mavic Air or do you have to use a cell phone ? can someone leave a link where to get correct cable what a nightmare when I fire up I get green on the remote but can't connect.HELP

I purchased a used Mavic Air I'm having a problem also I have a tablet and the software is installed but I can't connect.if this
drone was registered before would that stop me can someone please tell me can you connect a tablet to the Mavic Air or do you have to use a cell phone ? can someone leave a link where to get correct cable what a nightmare when I fire up I get green on the remote but can't connect.HELP
jep best trying to find answer in the Mavic Air forums

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_