DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet for Mavic Air 2

I thought that WiFi was simply to enable you to connect the tablet to the internet for updates and cellular was only required to ensure that the compass (in that tablet) was operational and so that the 'feature' which displays on the tablet to show where the drone is in relation to the tablet if if front, behind, left side, right side. So WiFI is essential and cellular maybe not.

They all seem to have wifi. Cellular is not needed, but most with cellular provisions also have a compass. Most that don't work with cellular don't have a compass.

Therefore, if you buy one that says wifi only... there is a good chance no compass.

I have tried a bunch of Android tablets over the years. Most just don't have a processor that can handle the work unloaded on them by the DJI software. I ended up with an iPad mini 4 a few years ago but the screen is not bright enough in any kind of sun light. I heard about the Tripltek T7121
It has made the difference and will last forever.

Reactions: MA2 317
I just got the Galaxy Tab A T307U (att,wifi) refeb for $180. 8.4 screen, works great so far. New its just $210.

Used the short tablet mount and the stock UCB C cable works fine.

Bought an Ipad mini4 (renewed) on Amazon for $280 and works perfectly. Bought the cellular version.
This after using a Samsung 8 which didn't has the capabilities.

Bought an Ipad mini4 (renewed) on Amazon for $280 and works perfectly. Bought the cellular version.
This after using a Samsung 8 which didn't has the capabilities.
I've been using a cheap ONN 10" tablet from Wallyworld. About $129, as I recall. Works fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer