DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet for Mavic.

Ok I ditched the NeuTab Air 7 and got a K1 Shield and I'm glad I did..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Aerial West
So, my Mavic finally arrived. :)

I want to operate it with a tablet, not a phone and I've read and prepared this area a lot (...among many others...) while waiting for it but am still at a crossroad about it.

During that pre-ownership phase I downloaded Dji Go to an old Samsung Tab 7.7 I still had around, intending to dedicate it to this particular function (It can't run Dji Go 4 since it still runs Honeycomb)

In addition, I downloaded Dji Go 4 into my current Galaxy S 8.4.

Both tabs work but the 7.7 is clearly underperforming for the function and I really wanted to operate with Go 4.

The problem is that, while the 7.7 fits snuggly and nicely into the controller the S 8.4 won't, since my controller is already one of the redesigned ones and the arms can't open wide enough to accommodate the S 8.4.

I am left with 2 options:

1. Cutting 2 slots in the controller casing with precision tools to widen the arms aperture range but voiding the controller warranty in the process or,

2. Buy a new tab.

If I go with this second option, I am inclined to get an iOS device.

What is the smallest, cheapest 2nd hand Apple device I can get that will fit AND will still run Dji Go 4?

Thanks.

So I wanted a dedicated tablet for my own Mavic. After reading a lot of mixed reviews here in the forums about the Samsung Tab A 7" I went ahead and bought one at Wal-Mart and try my luck to see if I would get a good running one for my MP. After setting it all up for the Mavic, I booted up DJI Go App 4 and in an open park within 20 feet of me at about 10 feet altitude, I would get an intermittent red "Signal Lost". I went out even further at same altitude and I would still get the intermittent Signal Lost. I also flew a low altitude circle pattern in front of me and the video would lag or freeze for a few seconds and then pick back up with some black & white freeze moments on the Samsung tablet. I went straight home and gathered the package and all and exchanged and paid the difference for an iPad Mini 2 32gb (currently on online Rollback at Wal-Mart for $265 rather than $269, they price matched). Set it all back up and running and test flight again with the Mavic and wa-la... same conditions and no signal loss whatsoever. iPad Mini 2 is the way to go for a small and portable tablet. Plus it still fits in the controller's grips with the grips extended all the way out.

So I got my Mavic about two weeks ago. Whooo Hooooo... :):)
Made a couple short preliminary flights w/my Motorola G4.. Not overly impressed w/that solution, Overheating, battery drains incredibly fast w/Go4 and small.
I set out to find a better solution and came up w/a MINT 32GB iPad mini 2(AND Logitech case) for $220.00 cdn.
Got it all together, updated f/w and wasn't very comfortable w/the positioning, uncorfortable.
HERE'S My solution as of yesterday. .(Sorry for link instead of posting here
Did another one this morning that turned out a little better, Squared up and a little more of a finished look.
Happy flying and Stay connectedThumbswayup
-D-

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crackhour