DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

tablet holder for Apple Air tablet suggestions

marklyn

Reactions
I recently inherited an Apple Air tablet that I'd like to use with my M2P but I don't want a tablet holder that places the tablet over or above the controller.
Are there any solid tablet holders that places the tablet downwind of the controller. I kind of visualize something that locks into the controller arms and has an arm/holder that positions the tablet south of the controller and has some ajustability.
Anyone see anything like this?

A mount like the Techfection mount that has a 360 swivel will allow the mobile device to be positioned mostly below the remote controller.

1570440813699.png

Or this SKYREAT mount might work since it has a long arm that can be positioned below the remote controller.

1570440909728.png

1570441022917.png

Reactions: marklyn
I have something similar ( part home made ) with an eyelet so I can attach a neck strap that helps balance it out in use.
Can post a picture if requested but don't have one to hand at the moment.

msinger the bottom picture of what you posted looks more in line with what I'm looking for. Would appreciate any other suggestions before I buy one in the next couple of days.

Lifthor from Thor's drone world. Love it because the tablet sits above the controller instead of in front of it.

Lifthor from Thor's drone world. Love it because the tablet sits above the controller instead of in front of it.
right, but I was asking for something that holds the controller toward the bottom of the controller, not above it.

Can’t you rotate the plate for most of them to do that: on top or in front? I’m in the market as well.

Can’t you rotate the plate for most of them to do that: on top or in front? I’m in the market as well.
I don't think so. I believe that some of the plates have an extra "lip" in front that fits into the controller's groove and helps stabilize the plate. I suppose I'm surprised out of all of the videos I searched and reviews on a variety of mounts none of them really show any tablets in the position I'm after. Most everything is a tablet mount where it is on top of the controller (which I don't want any possible antenna interference from), or situated right over the controller screen, which I also want to be able to clearly see.

Reactions: Skywalker
I'm really interested in this one but don't know if the long arm can flatten down and the small arm can swivel (back) all the way up and over the long arm to then mount the tablet so I have a view of the controller screen too and the tablet is "south" of the controller screen.
mount.jpg

I'm really interested in this one but don't know if the long arm can flatten down and the small arm can swivel (back) all the way up and over the long arm to then mount the tablet so I have a view of the controller screen too and the tablet is "south" of the controller screen.
View attachment 83228
My wife pulled the trigger and ordered the first one you pictured. I can post pictures of the mounted display once received.

View attachment 83228

This was the first mount I bought. The problem with doing what your suggesting is the tablet blocks your grip of the controller.

My wife pulled the trigger and ordered the first one you pictured. I can post pictures of the mounted display once received.
Received my holder last night. No instructions in the box and noticed after pictures that I had the plate inserted upside down. Adjustments are minimal. Your tablet pretty much covers the controller. Flipping the plate around correctly covers even more. Rotating the piece that grips the tablet had no effect for this holder. The lanyard is too short for me even after adjustment.

Oh well. For $20 I can fly with my 10” tablet. May step up to a more versatile holder later. Have to pace myself. The wife is watching my spending.

Now, how to attach the pics...

Attachments

• 42239D35-1E3B-40B7-BFB4-45D660088829.jpeg
    42239D35-1E3B-40B7-BFB4-45D660088829.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 12
  • 98190BB7-D6B2-4ECF-B050-1EB5CC76E99A.jpeg
    98190BB7-D6B2-4ECF-B050-1EB5CC76E99A.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 12
  • D4D03FAC-8A26-4F73-AECC-9AAC8A6D444C.jpeg
    D4D03FAC-8A26-4F73-AECC-9AAC8A6D444C.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
I bought and use this. Works great for phones and Tab Pro 8.4