DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet Holder for Mavic 2 Controller

GaryOC

Reactions
I'm looking to buy a tablet holder for my iPad and trying to see which ones people like. I assume anything that worked with the first Mavic would work just as well with the Mavic 2. The controllers only look slightly different. Some of the ones I've seen on YouTube look kind of flimsy and a few don't seem to hold the tablet that securely. MavMount 3.0 looks pretty solid. Some favorites?

Reactions: wsteele
I tried a few and they were all flimsy. Finally got the polorpro one and it’s great. It’s not as “flexible” in terms of positioning the tablet as some of the others... but its secure and locks into place. No more drooping iPad just as your about to get the shot you’ve been waiting to get.

Tablet Mount | Mavic Remotes

Reactions: kilomikebravo
I just received my Mavmount and cant say enough good things about it.

Mavmount and Lift-thor are the only 2 worth their salt.
That lift Thor looks great. I mean the mav-mount looks good and sturdy too, but not any better (and possibly less secure) than the polar pro mount I have already. But the screen position on the lift-Thor is very tempting. Thanks for the heads up.

Edit:
Link for anyone else curious about the lift-thor. Lift Thor V3 Standard

I purchased this one...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CMVJ8K8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

along with this cord...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073PW3VBK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They won't be here unit mid next week but my deciding factor was that the locking nut is made of aluminum, not plastic like all the other ones of similar design which have been reported to either not hold the tablet in place very well or simply crack. Plus there is the benefit of Amazon's hassle free return policy if it ends up being junk.

Reactions: flyingcolors53
Mavmount and Liftthor dont seem to be on international Amazon which makes them slow or not worth the effort for most of the world sadly.

Mavmount and Liftthor dont seem to be on international Amazon which makes them slow or not worth the effort for most of the world sadly.

We (LifThor) do ship worldwide with DHL Express, usually same day or next day depending on time of the order, and most orders are delivered within 1-3 days worldwide (USA / North America, all of Europe). The only exception is Australia, which takes about 5 days.
We sell on many places, including several Amazon channels, Ebay, Etsy, but mainly through our retailers around the world and from our own webshop (thorsdroneworld).

Hope that clarifies the LifThor position concerning delivery.

Thanks

Tore Kvittem (Thor)

OK that might do given my drone is now overdue by many many days anyway.
Im struggling to find what i need - nearest one is "for 10.5" ipads".
Ive got an 8.4" tablet. Too big or will it fit?

OK that might do given my drone is now overdue by many many days anyway.
Im struggling to find what i need - nearest one is "for 10.5" ipads".
Ive got an 8.4" tablet. Too big or will it fit?

That depends a little on the physical size of your tablet, width and height. Your tablet is 8.4" from corner to corner of your visible screen, but what is the w/h ?

Here is the definition on the different sunhoods:

iPad mini 7.9" :
Screen size < 168mm
iPad (mini / mini 2 / mini 4)/
Samsung (Galaxy Tab A 8.0” / Galaxy Tab S2 8.0”) / Xiaomi 2

iPad 9.7"
168mm < Screen size < 200mm
iPad (9.7” / Air 9.7” / Pro 9.7”)
Samsung (Galaxy Tab S2 9.7” / Galaxy Tab S3 9.7” / Galaxy Tab A 9.7” / Galaxy Tab 4 9.7”) / Huawei M2 10.1” / Xiaomi 3

iPad 10.5"
Screen size ≤ 200mm
iPad 10.5” /
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5”

The sunhoods uses a type of rubberband to attach to your tablet, which makes them pretty flexible.
Technically I believe the iPad 9.7" is the closest for you, without knowing the exact size of your specific tablet ;)

Tore

Reactions: GrigoriosT
BODY Dimensions 215.5 x 124.2 x 7.3 mm (8.48 x 4.89 x 0.29 in)

according to the sites.

I really want one that doesn't obscure the RC. On your website i can see a standard and a MP2 one for $5 or so extra. I thought all MP mounts also fitted the MP2?

according to the sites.

I really want one that doesn't obscure the RC. On your website i can see a standard and a MP2 one for $5 or so extra. I thought all MP mounts also fitted the MP2?

Ahh, a little bit of coincident here. The MP-II as referred to on our website is for "Mobile Phone version II" - and has nothing to do with the new Mavic 2. Our MP-II model was made long before anyone knew what the model name would be for the new Mavic ;)

All our holders fits the MAVIC 2 remote control.

Here is a photo showing the Mavic 2 with a LifThor with iPad mini.

Attachments

• 40552152_314586395967126_8859372480481984512_n (1).jpg
    40552152_314586395967126_8859372480481984512_n (1).jpg
    2 MB · Views: 217
OK thanks, i'll have a look a bit later (trying to contact DHL to see why i still haven't got a drone). You may want to clarify that website though before people order MP-II mounts :).

OK thanks, i'll have a look a bit later (trying to contact DHL to see why i still haven't got a drone). You may want to clarify that website though before people order MP-II mounts :).

I guess we'll be renaming our own clamp. Thats less fuzz than asking DJI to change the model name LOL

Mavmount and Lift-thor are the only 2 worth their salt.

FWIW, I’ve tried both the MavMount and the Lift-Thor and like the MM MUCH better. Ordered the 3.0 version, another clamp for a 9.7 iPad, and a lanyard kit so I can use the previous MM with the MP1 and the second for the MP2.

KB

I'd pick something that doesn't interfere with the antennas.

I guess we'll be renaming our own clamp. Thats less fuzz than asking DJI to change the model name LOL
So you probably get this question a lot. From the photos it looks like an iPad mounted in the Lift-Thor *might* interfere with the antennas. Is there a way to avoid that?

FWIW, I’ve tried both the MavMount and the Lift-Thor and like the MM MUCH better. Ordered the 3.0 version, another clamp for a 9.7 iPad, and a lanyard kit so I can use the previous MM with the MP1 and the second for the MP2.

KB

MM appears to block the RC screen (i dont like that, my current holder does) and have a massive heavy ball mount which doesnt look that light or small to stow.

I'm looking to buy a tablet holder for my iPad and trying to see which ones people like. I assume anything that worked with the first Mavic would work just as well with the Mavic 2. The controllers only look slightly different. Some of the ones I've seen on YouTube look kind of flimsy and a few don't seem to hold the tablet that securely. MavMount 3.0 looks pretty solid. Some favorites?

I’m using a SKYREAT for my Mavic 2 Pro controller to hold my IPad Air or Mini IPad 4. It works great and seems very sturdy / durable. Got it from Amazon for about $24.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tsvetan