DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet holder

Birddog99

Reactions
I'm wanting to get a tablet holder, what would be a good one to get, and does the cable come with,

Last edited:
Mounts and cables are not typically sold together since different mobile devices require different cables.

Here are some commonly used mounts:

SKYREAT Compact (see it in action here)

SKYREAT Compact Version 2
View attachment 71040

SKYREAT Extended (see it in action here)

MavMount (see it in action here)

PolarPro FlightDeck (see it in action here)

PolarPro.jpg

PGYTECH (see it in action here)

LifThor (see it in action here)

RCGEEK
1553643534016.png

Freewell Lite (see it in action here)

View attachment 71038

Fstop Labs
View attachment 71039
I looked at the Polarpro flight deck and cannot figure out what holds the tablet to the mount. It looks sturdy as a railroad bridge, but useless. Help me out here.

I have bought three tablet holders, and all of them work loose and allow the tablet to move. Is there one available that can be tightened so that it stays where I want it? There is one Polarpro model (not the flightdeck) that looks like it might work, but the "catalogue" says it is not available.

I looked at the Polarpro flight deck and cannot figure out what holds the tablet to the mount. It looks sturdy as a railroad bridge, but useless. Help me out here.
You can connect any tablet mount that attaches via a ¼ 20. The Flightdeck comes with a tablet mount (see below).

The included quick release plate attaches to the tablet mount at the base here:

Reactions: Thomas B
You can connect any tablet mount that attaches via a ¼ 20. The Flightdeck comes with a tablet mount (see below).

View attachment 71050

View attachment 71051
Thank you. Amazon did not show this. Do you know how stable it is? Looks like a lot of stress on the coupling point.

I'm wanting to get a tablet holder, what would be a good one to get, and does the cable come with,
Have tried several tablet holders and have finally found the one that will not come loose....RCGEEK....did not come with a cable, am completely satisfied. Have a Mavic Pro with an Ipad...............

I tried between 5 an 6 holders. Problem I had was having a Samsung Tab 8e as well as a 10.1 inch Samsung. In both situations, they are both encased with a SupCase holder so my needs were for the bracket to be long enough to hold the thicker items as well as having a hole near where the cord would attach. Since the case of the tablets bring the tabs further away from the base, I found the brackets with the hole would not allow the cable to align with the tab's receptacle. I'm currently using the RCGEEK version.

Very nice thread here.

Reactions: bassnbeau
I have a mavmount 3.0 and it is flawless for what I use it for, an ipad pro and a nexus 7. Rock solid. I also had good luck with a more cost effective neweer mount, it didn't clamp tight enough for the nexus 7 and was too small for the ipad pro with case. It sits in a closet all alone now!

Jeff

Are you able to you share your recommendation for a stable tablet mount?
It would be hard to recommend everyone just use one. The list I compiled above is based on recommendations from many DJI drone owners. It would be best for you to choose the mount that has the features you need and that fits within the budget you have in mind.

Reactions: Jeffm912
It would be hard to recommend everyone just use one. The list I compiled above is based on recommendations from many DJI drone owners. It would be best for you to choose the mount that has the features you need and that fits within the budget you have in mind.
Thanks. I guess the list will be my guide. That and my check book!

I ordered the "RCGEEK" at Aliexpres with a different name Sunnylife for the price of $28.99 free shipping, this in contrast to Amazon $37.95
It is a good quality made from aluminium, can use iPhone 6 and iPad 9.75", it comes without cable.

View attachment 71050

View attachment 71051
I have used the PP Flight Deck with the tablet mount and with my CS. The single attachment securing screw has never failed me or even gotten loose. I usually fly through 4 batteries.
Highly recommended even at the price. I have MavMount and others, but find the PO FD suites me the best, plus the takedown and storage in my case is just to fold it up. Your flying style my dictate differently.

To me, RC screen viability is paramount. My display is a 10.5" iPad Pro. I have a Titan switch and if I am flying with just the whip antenna's I use the MavMount and if I am flying with the Titan Omni amp I use the LifThor Sif.

I have used the PP Flight Deck with the tablet mount and with my CS. The single attachment securing screw has never failed me or even gotten loose.
Which tablets are you using with it? Just trying to get an idea of the weight it's holding for other people wondering how sturdy it is.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ