DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

tablet or iPad

bigsie66

Reactions
hi guys
have mavic pro and new too it all, I don't like using my iPhone as the screen (too small) and looking for something else, either an iPad (expensive and if so which size) or is their another tablet that would work great

I would recommend the iPad mini 4. I originally purchased the 2013 nexus 7, and nvidia k1 tablets. They both worked good, but I experienced disconnect issue with both of them and wanted something reliable.

Reactions: bigsie66
I would recommend the iPad mini 4. I originally purchased the 2013 nexus 7, and nvidia k1 tablets. They both worked good, but I experienced disconnect issue with both of them and wanted something reliable.
looking at dimensions, does it fit length ways or width

I have the iPad 4 mini, it's never crashed and the display size is nice, the only negative is the screen is not very bright.

Reactions: Westy2004
Most iDevices are hard to see on a bright day and Android devices seem to be a crap shoot. Whatever you buy, make sure you can return it without charge, including any "restocking fee".

I am having a lot of disconnecting and distorted video on my Samsung S7. Any feedback on upgrading to this Crystal Sky package?...
There are other threads about CS and a lot of people love them. Personally, that is way too much money for me to spend on a monitor.

As for your Samsung, have you tried running in airplane mode, turning off all other apps, freeing up memory, downgrading/upgrading Go 4, etc, etc? My old, underpowered Tab A works great after I found a version of Go 4 that worked with it.

I have the iPad 4 mini, it's never crashed and the display size is nice, the only negative is the screen is not very bright.

I agree that the iPad mini 4 has a perfect form factor. The screen brightness is not the best. The biggest disappointment however is its weak power for the DJI Go4 app. Even with a freshly installed iOS11.4 with nothing on it but just the DJI app and all unnecessary bells and whistles turned of, the iPad often comes to its limit. Turning off the caching of video improves the situation a bit. Flying in hot temperatures >27 C the iPad throttles down and DJI Go 4 becomes unusable even with video caching disabled.

Litchi under the same conditions with video caching enabled works fluently.

DJI go 4 seems to be an ineffective piece oft software.

Other than the price are there any other downsides to the CS? Is there any issue with the CS not having internet / cellular data connection?

Other than the price are there any other downsides to the CS? Is there any issue with the CS not having internet / cellular data connection?
You will help yourself better if you search "crystal sky" on this forum. 137 threads popped up when I did. Odd are your answers are there.

Reactions: jmorse62
I have an iPad Air 2 (without a cellular connection) with a Mavmount holder that I used until I purchased a Crystal Sky Ultra for $625 (using coupons). The Crystal Sky has a fantastic display that is viewable in the brightest sunlight, which is necessary if you try to tap on those small blue circles trying to unlock an authorization zone in dji Go 4. (I can’t even see the circles on my iPad.) But the Crystal Sky is inferior to my iPad in almost every other respect.
I have never had any problems with overheating or the display going black, which seems to plague some earlier Crystal Sky tablets. I have had no problems linking to the internet using my home WiFi and downloading maps for my entire state. Some users reported problems downloading maps and overheating problems using more recent software versions, so I am staying with Go 4 version 4.1.14.
There is one other funny thing. On my iPad I can unlock an authorization zone and fly within 15 minutes, but on my Crystal Sky it sometimes takes a much longer time, even as long as overnight.

Reactions: Ecuador Live
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS