DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet recommendations for a Mavic Air 2?

Just purchased my first drone, MA2. I was on the fence as far as phone or tablet. I was seriously considering a iPad Mini or Air. but purchased the Tripltek 7, while nothing has come in yet, I was curious what mount the TT 7 guys are using?
This is my first go around with this stuff.
Here is what I'm using: 3D PRINTED

I use the new samsung galaxy Tab S7. Its kinda expensive though to just buy for flying. I got a very deep discount on it and didn't pay as much bit that works great for me and I use it for daily things as well like playing games or editing pics. I bought a 20 dollar mount on amazon and it holds it in there fine with the case on it. I think its a 11in screen. I was using my galaxy note 10 to fly but switched over to the tablet and haven't gone back. I have a galaxy Tab S5 that I will be trying next and if that works which I'm pretty sure it will I well probably just use that because its lighter the the one I have now.

Reactions: HD05FLSTCI
Looking forward to picking one of these tablets up in a couple months.... everything that I have been seeing about them has been positive.... I love how rugged they are.....

If considering an Android (operating system) tablet or phone then you need one which not only runs version 6 or greater BUT most importantly it MUST be the 64 bit version of Android as the DLI FLY app is a 64 bit app and will NOT be available if the display device does not have the 64 bit version of Android.
How can you determine this?. From my personal experience NOT easy as the manufacturers usually only state what version is installed.
I determined that if the device has 4GB or more memory installed it probably has the 64 bit version.
Another very important consideration is the screen brightness (expressed in nits) as using a phone or tablet in bright sunshine requires a bright image on the screen. Many people suggest a MINIMUM of around 350. Mine is 483 and the DJI display devices are as 'high' as 1000!
I have a Samsung Tab A LITE which is reasonable.

Reactions: SB Condor
True jarnie about the nits.... down here in Florida where the sun is often quite bright, I’m looking at the Tripltek to help combat the glare and brightness....

It is called TB 8505XS, at least here in Europe.
There are other models with small differences and they are all ok (as I said I have 3 of them).
All Lenovo 8 inches tabs are good for this use, the only thing I would pay attention is the RAM: there is a model with only 16GB and it is to be avoided.
Much better to go for a model with 32GB
Sorry for the correction/clarification, but 16GB and 32GB is not the ram. The Lenovo 8 and 10 come in 2,3, and 4 GB of ram, the other is memory. I am really curious to see how much is needed to run the Go Fly app. My Samsung SM-T807V running 6.0.1 was no good. Please post how much ram you have if you could. Thanks.

Sorry for the correction/clarification, but 16GB and 32GB is not the ram. The Lenovo 8 and 10 come in 2,3, and 4 GB of ram, the other is memory. I am really curious to see how much is needed to run the Go Fly app. My Samsung SM-T807V running 6.0.1 was no good. Please post how much ram you have if you could. Thanks.
Sorry for the correction, but the other is storage, more correctly, long term storage. RAM is short term storage and is usually referred to as memory because it's in the acronym, Random Access Memory.

RAM is volatile, meaning whatever is stored there for use by the CPU, goes away when the device is turned off. That's why we have to save our work to long term storage before we exit a program or shut down the device.

Sorry for the correction, but the other is storage, more correctly, long term storage. RAM is short term storage and is usually referred to as memory because it's in the acronym, Random Access Memory.

RAM is volatile, meaning whatever is stored there for use by the CPU, goes away when the device is turned off. That's why we have to save our work to long term storage before we exit a program or shut down the device.
Correct. In this case, the Lenovo 8 and 10 are listed with 2,3, and 4 GB RAM. Is there a limiting factor that would affect the Go Fly app? It is not on the recommended list, but seems to work for this user. Even though the Lenovo is low cost, I would hate to get something that just doesn't work or is buggy.
I just might get a used Apple mini4 or an air 2. Anybody...favorites between these. This would be dedicated to the drone as I'm not an Apple fan boy ;) Using My Samsung 9+ at the moment. Has excellent brightness rating, but a bit too small, IMO.
Thanks again.

Choose which gives more 'bangs for bucks'.
Screen brightness is important especially in bright sunlight (the more the better).
CPU throughput also relatively important. Its not just CPU speed but also number of cores eg a cpu running at the same speed as another but with more cores will throughput more data.

Good luck with that one. With only 2 gigs of ram it's likely going to have choppy video feed. Won't know for sure until you try it.
Thinking the same thing. Looking for a 4gigs of ram version. Probably a 10 and twice as much, but if it works the extra little money is worth it. The Tripltek 7 is interesting because of how bright it is. Can anyone who runs one comment if they are disappointed at the resolution, or dose the increased brightness make it all worth it?

Last edited:
I have a Samsung S6 Lite which is about the cheapest Samsung tablet cable of running DJI FLY and it works well for me although I have recently discovered that as it does not have an inbuilt compass the DJI FLY app cannot display where the drone is in relation to the controller.

Reactions: rxlawdude
I use the new samsung galaxy Tab S7. Its kinda expensive though to just buy for flying. I got a very deep discount on it and didn't pay as much bit that works great for me and I use it for daily things as well like playing games or editing pics. I bought a 20 dollar mount on amazon and it holds it in there fine with the case on it. I think its a 11in screen. I was using my galaxy note 10 to fly but switched over to the tablet and haven't gone back. I have a galaxy Tab S5 that I will be trying next and if that works which I'm pretty sure it will I well probably just use that because its lighter the the one I have now.
I'm picking up a Tab S7 tomorrow. What mount did you get off of amazon for it.

I'm picking up a Tab S7 tomorrow. What mount did you get off of amazon for it.
If I may ask, how is your samsung tablet S7 doing? I'm looking at purchasing one as well instead of the Mini5...

How's it going with this tablet? Thinking of buying a treasure.

What's your model?

I am as well
Will
It use the compass feature and is the video feed strong. And is the app an easy install ?
Any help before I buy I would appreciate

i just pulled the trigger on the tripl tec tablet.
my i pad mini 5 bricked up on me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme