DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Taco-RC MC ND Filter Gimbal Initialization Test

stratos

Reactions
Hi Guys,

Good day, Yesterday I finally received my taco -RC multi coated ND filters. I was reading in a couple of forums that like the Polar Pro filter this needed to be installed after the Gimbal initialization. So I tested and was happy to see that all of the filters can be installed before turning on the craft.

The filters are quite light and fit perfectly. Also they operate on the stops as advertised.

Video on the Gimbal initialization below:

Sorry about the music.

Regards

Last edited:
Reactions: jointeffort
My Taco's are on the way. BTW, you can pull that little yellow tag off !
Some people are recommending not to remove it as it saves the top of the gimbal from scratches from the bracket above it. Not sure if there is more to that story but it makes sense that the sticker would help with the scratches, if only it didn't have that little yellow tab screaming "REMOVE ME". :)

Hmmm.....that would mean it was rubbing and I highly doubt that is happening. You could just cut the tab off ;-)

Hmmm.....that would mean it was rubbing and I highly doubt that is happening. You could just cut the tab off ;-)
Yeah, Peter Homer on YouTube posted a video about it. I am thinking the rubbing is from handling the Mavic without the gimbal clamp in place though.

The taco-rc filters should be installed prior to powering your RPA on.

Yes thats what I did, and actually you can leave the NF filter on for transporting and storing it. I tried the Polar Pro and they were heavier and thicker and you had to put them on after the gimbal startup.

Reactions: PropPilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore