DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Taipei 101 , > 500m tall

Very nice . Did you use RTH for the night landing ?

Great quality of the night image. What settings did you use ? Did you focus manually or did the Mavic managed to focus sharply ? When I tried a night flight lately the focus did not manage to work

Great quality of the night image. What settings did you use ? Did you focus manually or did the Mavic managed to focus sharply ? When I tried a night flight lately the focus did not manage to work
Hi CKL,

For night flight, you have to be very careful. the sensors will not work properly.

1600 iso is the highest you can go. if you go up to 3200 iso, there will be a lot of noise. However, if you don't mind the grain, 3200 will be fine as well, and very bright.

Slow shutter speed, and fly slowly.

I used auto focus, but whenever I recompose my shot, I do a re-focus. to avoid focus shift during my shot.

Very nice . Did you use RTH for the night landing ?
I flew from an open park nearby, so it was wide and open. Landed manually, using the compass view to align the aircraft towards home location.

Hi CKL,

For night flight, you have to be very careful. the sensors will not work properly.

1600 iso is the highest you can go. if you go up to 3200 iso, there will be a lot of noise. However, if you don't mind the grain, 3200 will be fine as well, and very bright.

Slow shutter speed, and fly slowly.

I used auto focus, but whenever I recompose my shot, I do a re-focus. to avoid focus shift during my shot.
Clear. Thanks for the advice.

Thank you indeed.
I'll have another go soon with more attention to those points

I will be in Taiwan in a few weeks. I've been debating whether or not to bring my Mavic. What are the rules there for flying?
You should bring it every where you go. Taiwan has No Fly Zones, so if you cant take off, you know that you are at the wrong place. Just be careful not to damage property and you will be fine.
Have fun.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky