DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Take into plane in carry on luggage?

Dmascot

Reactions
As the title says is it okay to pack my Mini in my carry on luggage for a domestic flight?

Not trying to sound smart but have you tried searching?
And there are more. If you have the fly combo you can take the battery case + batteries as a portable power bank with you no questions asked.

Reactions: RickinWaST
Yes i did two searches on this forum. I did not find an answer. Maybe I used the wrong search term.
Isn’t one of the reasons for a forum like this to help each other with info they may know. If I’m wrong I’m sorry for the question.

Isn’t one of the reasons for a forum like this to help each other with info they may know. If I’m wrong I’m sorry for the question.
You are absolutely right. It is a self-help resource, where we help each other. This is the same reason, why I wrote that i do not wish to sound smart, as the info was already there.

Here are two additional links outside the forum
1. Air Travel with a Carry-on Drone: Packing tips and TSA battery regulations
2. Traveling with a Drone: The Ultimate Guide to Bringing a Drone on a Plane

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Dino_D and Joe Z
Carry on only. Airlines do not want your batteries in the cargo hold.

Per the FAA batteries cannot be in checked baggage - must be in carry on. HERE is a link to their page.
As far as the drone body personally I would not put it into checked baggage. A lot cheaper and easier to buy new underwear or shirts if my luggage got stolen or lost or sent somewhere else.

You are absolutely right. It is a self-help resource, where we help each other. This is the same reason, why I wrote that i do not wish to sound smart, as the info was already there.

Here are two additional links outside the forum
1. Air Travel with a Carry-on Drone: Packing tips and TSA battery regulations
2. Traveling with a Drone: The Ultimate Guide to Bringing a Drone on a Plane

Hope this helps.

Is it just me, or do these 2 bullets from #1 contradict each other? Which one is correct?

8949D81B-AC8C-48E0-8B06-9E96CA4ED71C.jpeg

As the title says is it okay to pack my Mini in my carry on luggage for a domestic flight?
I took my P4 from Illinois to Oregon on Southwest 737, in a TSA locked waterproof/pressure relief valve case with no problem. Guess they could see there were no batteries in the checked case.
Batteries MUST be carried in the cabin. I have Lipo pouches for my batteries. They didn't even look at them.

Is it just me, or do these 2 bullets from #1 contradict each other? Which one is correct?

View attachment 88016
There both correct. You can ONLY put a battery in checked baggage if it is installed.

Ive flown with my Mavic on several occasions and always carry it and my spare batteries on with me. Never even had it looked at closely.

Always transport in carry on bag. Pressurized cabin! I've traveled several times with my drones, last week to Germany and I've never had an issue with TSA or Customs.

Think of your drone as a camcoder, laptop or your expensive camara....where do you carry them , the answer is always with you.

I took my P4 from Illinois to Oregon on Southwest 737, in a TSA locked waterproof/pressure relief valve case with no problem. Guess they could see there were no batteries in the checked case.
Batteries MUST be carried in the cabin. I have Lipo pouches for my batteries. They didn't even look at them.
Not to revive a dead thread, but took the drone through TSA at Kansas City International (domestic to Vegas) and had zero issues. They didn’t ask anything about it.

Had the Air 2s fly more in a zipper hard case (an aftermarket case you can buy on Amazon or eBay).

Reactions: Dino_D
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu