DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Take same Photo from same spot every day

Brizee

Reactions
Hi, I am building a distillery and want to do a daily timelapse style photo as the build progresses between now and next May.

Can I do this with the mavic pro?

ThanKs Brizee

You could do this by setting up and flying the same waypoint mission in Litchi.

Reactions: sar104
I tried this using Litchi when my daughter's house was built. It didn't not come out as desired. The aircraft doesn't go to the exact same spot every day, so I would have had to edit each photo (hundreds) to align them all. While this is possible, it turned out to be just too much work. A better thing would have been to mount a GoPro (or other camera) on a tripod that is locked down and can't be moved.

Reactions: BaRoN30s
I did panoramas everyday for 2 months not knowing how it would turn out. Aligned photos in photoshop.

Reactions: kidroc and msinger
I did panoramas everyday for 2 months not knowing how it would turn out. Aligned photos in photoshop.
That’s awesome Mike as a noob could you describe what you did to achieve this? This is exactly what I want to do..!

Reactions: MikeC
That’s awesome Mike as a noob could you describe what you did to achieve this? This is exactly what I want to do..!
I launched my mavic every morning on the way to work. Took a panorama at 150ft, 100ft. and 50ft. The images do not line up and look horrible in a time-lapse. You have to bring the images in as layers in Photoshop and align the layers. Output from Lightroom to jpg, bring into resolve for editing.

Hope this helps, at least get the images captured, it can be done.

Mike

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661