DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Taken by police

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericpoche

Reactions
So I was flying my drone in my neighborhood and police pulled up to the house and the five I'm going to the car and proceeded to tell me that I was breaking the law and fly my drone I asked what Law was up breaking anything I was flying at night and I was flying over people which I was not breaking any laws because I'm a hobby is flyable once I told him and showed him that my drone was labeled registered correctly and showed him my registration papers the officers did not know what to do 30 minutes went by finally they said call the office and get a replace report in 3 to 5 days And confiscated my drone

Welcome to the forum and sorry you have had an issue
with LE.
But would you please try and repost that cause I can’t
figure out exactly what you said.

Welcome to the forum.

That's a tough read. You might need to edit it just a bit to help make it easier to read and easier to understand.

Allen

ericpoche we welcome you to the community.

Yes, if you can add some punctuation to the sentences that may help us help you. From what I was able to gather, you were flying at night. That might be the problem. You are only allowed to fly 30 minutes after sunset (dusk I think) unless you install collision avoidance lights. Is that why they took it?

OP may also be mistaken by the former hobbyist loophole that was closed by the FAA reauthorization act passed last year. We had a bit of a grace period as FAA reorganized their rules to align to the new law.
For one thing the 5 mile contact airport no longer exists. Instead if we're operating in controlled airspace, who's boundaries may be closer to or further than 5 miles from the controlled airport, we need to seek clearance through LAANC or DroneZone.

They cant just take your drone. If they gave you a citation / ticket it should say what law / code you broke. But please, no more posts with no punctuation!

Kinda needs more than that but lets wait for them to log back on and fix that so we know
just what we are dealing with guys.

Did he say he WAS flying at night and over people or do you think he was trying to say he WAS NOT flying at night and over people? TBH, I'm a bit confused. OP is from Louisiana but it appears that English may not be his native language.

Hopefully, the OP will add some additional information.

Reactions: JS1600 and MPoirier
Hopefully, the OP will add some additional information.
Well being he hasn't been back on since he posted that I see no reason for this to continue till he does and will reopen this when @ericpoche messages me and is ready to continue.
IMG_9413.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honzax